Chapter forty-six

"Uh, I'm not so sure about this guys. Did Aizawa really say we needed to wear these?" You said while looking at yourself in the mirror. You really did look cute in the UA cheer outfit Yaoyorozu had made you, but you were a little self conscious. 

"That's what Kaminari said, and I really don't want to get in trouble with Aizawa." Jirou didn't look too happy with her outfit either. "He is infamous for expelling students ya know." 

"It's kind of weird how none of us knew about this though? You think someone would be talking about the cheer battles if we were meant to participate." Uraraka pointed out. It was actually really nice to have all of the girls of Class 1-A together for once. You needed to do it more often. 

"I don't know. Has anyone checked your email? Maybe it was in there?" Mina asked. You had been ignoring your notifications in favor of rigorous training lately, so you had no idea. 

"I check my school email every day and I didn't see anything about it, but I would hate to let everyone down." Yaoyorozu frowned at the thought. "Besides, we look so good!" 

"We do. Ok, fine. I'll do it. As long as I'm not alone." You finally conceded. Hagakure squealed in excitement. 

"Yay! I know we'll have so much fun!" She hugged you from behind and you yelped in surprise.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

"Hold up, what is this?"

"What are they doing?" 

     "Looks like Class 1-A is going full on fan-service!" Present Mic and Aizawa were, unfortunately, surprised to see you guys in your cheerleading uniforms. 

"We were tricked!" Yaoyorozu was understandably upset. 

"You're gonna regret this!" Jirou took an angrier approach. Meanwhile Yaoyorozu continued to doubt herself. 

"Why is it that I always end up falling for stupid schemes? I even used my quirk to make these outfits!" 

"Ugh I hate those guys!" Jirou threw down her pompoms dramatically. 

"Well, we do have a little time before the finals start, and I kinda like these uniforms, so... How about we just roll with it?" Hagakure did a little cheer dance. 

"Are you crazy?" Jirou wasn't so thrilled. 

"Wow, Toru. You've got skills." Tsu commented. You nodded enthusiastically. At least it would be fun. You took a place beside the invisible girl and began trying to copy her moves.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

"Aww, yeah. Finally gettin' the chance to show what we're made of. I watched these finals every year and now I'm actually in them!" Kirishima excitedly exclaimed as everyone gathered in front on Midnight's stage. You were kind of nervous about what was going to happen next. 

     "So wait, is it always a tournament?" Mina asked and you nodded.

     "The finals are always  a one-on-one competition, but they switch it up every time. Last year it was a foam sword fighting match." Sero said. 

"I love going back and watching the older ones, too. It's really interesting to watch and see how great heroes got their start!" You commented just before Midnight started speaking. Everyone quieted down to listen to what she had to say.