Chapter twenty-five

You were exhausted the next day, but at least you didn't have any upsetting dreams. You miraculously got to school on time. Maybe luck was finally on your side? 

The day was pretty normal until hero training, didn't Aizawa say something about it yesterday? Probably, but you were too busy being dramatic at the time. You almost winced. Yesterday was hard. 

"Today's training will be a little different. You'll have three instructors. Me, All Might, and another faculty member will be keeping tabs on you." Aizawa Sensei announced. Everyone gasped. You raised your eyebrows. This was interesting. 

"Sir, what kind of training is this?" Sero asked. 

"Rescue. You'll be dealing with natural disasters, shipwrecks, stuff like that." Aizawa answered the question. Everyone began to get excited. So did you, shipwrecks? You would be good at that.
"Disasters, huh? Sounds like we're in for a big workout." Kaminari said. 

"Totally!" Mina exclaimed beside of him. They were near the front of the class and to the right of you. You kind of wished you were closer to them. 

"Real hero stuff. This is what separates the men from the boys. I'm shaking from excitement." Kirishima said. 

"Finally, I'll get to show off how good I am in water, kero." Tsu said and you shouted at her. 

"Me too! I'm pumped." 

"Guys, I'm not finished yet." Aizawa stopped your chatter. "What you wear in this exercise is up to you. I know you're excited about costumes, but keep in mind that you haven't gotten used to them yet, and they might limit your abilities. This special training is at an off campus facility, so we'll be taking a bus to get there. That's all. Start getting ready." 

Everyone got out of their seats to grab their hero suits. You followed them, not seeing how your costume could hamper you in any way. In fact, the gym outfit would definitely be the worse choice. 

At the bus Iida had everyone line up and enter so they could sit down in an orderly fashion but his plan was foiled due to the open layout. 

"Iida, you really need to chill." Uraraka told him as he complained. 

"If we're pointing out the obvious then there's something I wanna say, about you actually." Tsu turned towards Midoriya. 

"About me? What is it, Asui?" He seemed surprised. 

"I told you to call me Tsu." She stated quickly. 

"Oh. Yeah, right." 

"That power of yours? Isn't it a lot like All Might's?" Midoriya immediately began freaking out. You thought he was quite the fanboy, so you figured he was just shocked at being compared to his hero. You might do the same thing if someone compared you to AvaPaang. 

"Wait, hold on Tsu. You're forgetting All Might doesn't hurt himself. That makes a huge difference." Kirishima jumped into the conversation. You were sitting nearer to the back of the bus. "Still I bet it's cool to have a simple augmenting type quirk. You can do a lot of flashy stuff with it. My hardening's super strong and can destroy bad guys in a fight, but it doesn't look all that impressive." 

"Oh, no way, I think it's really awesome looking! You're definitely pro material with a quirk like that." Midoriya assured him. You nodded in solidarity. Kirishima was amazing. 

"You really think so? Seems like it'd be easier to be a popular hero if I had something flashier." Kirishima said. 

"My navel laser's got the perfect combination of panache and strength!" Aoyama boasted.
"But it's way lame if it gives you a stomachache, sweetie." Mina, serving the tea, piping hot as usual.