Vol. 6 Ep. 7(II) - More Questions Than Answers/Grimm Reaper

-----Flashback-----

"It was nearly two weeks when the Spring Maiden, before me, left. It was just right about sunset when I finally found her."

Infra is seen running desperately somewhere in a lush forest somewhere in Anima as she follows the sound of a girl shrieking in the distance, beams of magic being shot into the sky, trying to shoot down Griffons.

"But not in the way I was hoping."

Infra then comes upon a clearing and sees the Spring Maiden being grievously mauled to the ground by an Alpha Ursa. With a battle cry, Infra draws her revolvers and rushes head long into battle.

"By the time I had cleared out all the Grimm, Spring was already too grievously wounded. And I knew that she would not make it by the time she would receive medical attention."

A heavily-injured Infra cradles the young girl's body in her arm. The girl gasps for air, having trouble breathing as she coughs up blood.

"That's why I had decided to end the poor girl's suffering, then and there..."

Closing her eyes, Infra reels the hammer of her revolver back and points it to the girls head. The girl, instead of a having a moment of panic, just closed her eyes in ignorant bliss and accepted her fate.

"And I knew the consequences...It was better for the powers of Spring Maiden to be passed on to a surer candidate instead of another unknown entity."

A loud gunshot resounded throughout the forest.

"That's how I became the Spring Maiden..."

A second later, there is a bright flash of green light the enveloped the entire forest.

<>

The sun has already faded into the mountains by the time Infra had buried the girl. Using her Maiden powers, Infra's eye glowed and with a wave of her hand, she sprouted flowers from the girl's grave.

"After I... put the girl to rest, I called for Raven. She and I were working together in trying to find Spring. And I had to share the bad news to her..."

The night sky shone brightly the night Raven and Infra met on top of a mountain plateau that gave a breathtaking view of the green forest and tall mountains.

"I received your message, Infra. Well? Where's Spring?" Raven asked as she stood up from the tree stump she was sitting on.

"You're looking at her, I'm afraid..."

"So, she's dead... And now you're the Spring Maiden..." Raven guessed, crossing her arms.

"There was nothing I could do!" Infra shouted at her. "She would've died either way. The best I could do was at least end her suffering and made sure the powers were still in safe hands." A loud sigh escaped her lips as she rubbed her forehead in distress. "The poor girl didn't deserve any of this..."