Vol. 5 Ep. 8 - Alone Together

You sat up abruptly in your bed as you had another nightmare. Cold sweat appeared from your forehead and started trickling down to your cheeks. You looked outside the window of your room and noticed the sun is still rising up. You groggily went to your bathroom, approached a sink, and splashed your face with cold water.

You stared up at the mirror as you still notice the peculiar features you have: white hair, icy blue eyes, and extremely pale skin. You let out an exhausted sigh as you left the bathroom and prepared for the day. You were on your way outside the training room when you noticed Yang tailing behind you.

Yang: You're up early.

You: Yeah, I've been getting that a lot lately. Can't get much sleep this days....

You opened the door leading outside the training room and found Ruby lying on the ground on the patio outside of the training room. She watches a group of four birds flying together, before one of them flies away from the group. As she watches it fly, Ruby sees her half-sister, Yang, peek over her head.

Yang: You're up early.

Ruby: Hey sis.

Yang: Boop.

Yang lets her hair down and uses it to tickle her little sister's nose. Ruby giggles affectionately at her older sister's action. Ruby then sits up as Yang sits down next to her, while you sat down next to Yang.

Ruby: So, what are you guys doing up?

Yang: Can't fall back to sleep.

Ruby: Ah, me neither.

Weiss: Well, fortunately, coffee exists.

Weiss carries a tray with three cups of coffee and walks over to join her teammates, with Sky and Claire sipping their own coffee. Sky hands you your own coffee as Weiss lowers the tray down so Yang can grab a cup.

Ruby: No, please!

Weiss: Don't worry, I put in blasphemous amounts of cream and sugar, just for you.

She then holds the cup out in front for Ruby.

Ruby: Oh yeah! Nice Weiss strikes again!

Suddenly, Weiss pulls the cup away just as Ruby was about to grab it.

Weiss: I will pour this on you and it will burn.

She hands the cup to Ruby, who nervously giggles at her. After giving Ruby her coffee, Weiss sits down next her teammates and grabs her cup of coffee after placing the tray down next to her.

Yang: Can't believe we're actually in Mistral.

Ruby: That's what you can't believe?

Claire: I'm gonna have to agree with your sister on this one, Yang. But really?

Yang: Well, yeah! And all the other magic and stuff. But... Okay, you know what I mean!

Weiss: I honestly wasn't sure if I'd ever see you any of you again.

Yang: Well, here's to defying expectations.

You: Cheers to that.

You, Sky, and Claire raised your cups, while Yang and Weiss clink cups together,with Ruby gulping her cup down in one go, opening one eye to glance at the others' cups.

Ruby: I just wish Blake and Tealle could be here with us.

Sky immediately stop drinking from his coffee when Blake's name came up. You notice this and call him out of it.