Vol. 3 Ep. 1 - Round One

Over the view of the golden sun in an orange sky over the tall grass and autumn trees, in front of Summer's Gravestone is a young girl with a cloak billowing petals in the breeze. Hands clasped and hood up, Ruby Rose stands over the white stone memorial. She begins lowering her hood, smiling sadly downward.

Ruby: Hey, mom. Sorry I haven't come by in a while. Things have been... well, things have been, pretty busy. Oh, Dad's here, too! He's, uh, you know... Dad. He's still teaching at Signal. But he told me that he's going to be on some mission soon. I think he misses adventuring with you.... I miss you too. Haven't gotten kicked out of Beacon yet! So that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang helps. Keep her in line... That was a joke. She's actually a really great fighter! You can tell she's learned a lot from Dad! Oh, so are Weiss and Blake. Oh! They're my teammates! Together, we form Team RWBY! And yes, before you ask, that does cause a lot of confusion. But hey, I made a bunch of new friends! There is this other team at Beacon, named Team MSTC, and they're really cool. Like literally, since their leader has a Semblance in controlling ice. His name is (Y/N), by the way. He's Professor Ozpin's nephew, and he's.... well.. h-he's my b-boyfriend.

Despite being together for the last two semesters, calling you as her boyfriend still made her blush a little bit.

Ruby: He's really handsome, caring, and kind, but he's very unpredictable sometimes, I don't know why though. He's really great at fighting too! He and his partner, Sky, helps out the team a lot and keeps us from 'causing trouble' as he would say. Oh, yeah! Sky is his partner like the Skylar Frostydia! You know.... my idol? Yeah, they really make a great team. Ooh! Sky is Blake's boyfriend too! They really make a great couple. Although: I would've preferred Sky and Weiss together, but meh... The bad news is... Sky was badly injured during our last mission with them. He was taken back to Atlas to get patched up. Blake was really, really sad during that time.

She adapts a sad expression for a moment, before her face finally brightens up again.

Ruby:
But the good new is, he's finally coming back today! Hehe... I can already imagine Blake hugging the air out of him back in Beacon. Claire and Tealle are also with (Y/N)'s team, by the way. Claire is a lot like Yang, but she's more..... let's just say she's cleverer than her. Her partner, Tealle, is a white tiger faunus. Yeah... Claire says that she always drives her crazy since she is always energetic. *Giggles* It's actually weird that (Y/N)'s team is called "MTSC" and not "(First Letter of Y/N)STC". Maybe the "M" is his middle name? I don't know... Anyways, I also met some... let's just say, uh, odd teachers. Oh! We've also stopped some bad guys, too! I guess it's like they say: "like mother, like daughter"! I still wonder why Ozpin let me into the school early. But uh, I guess he'll tell me one day, or (Y/N) would since he is... hehe.. you know? But, you know how Ozpin is. It's funny, the more I get to know him, the more he's starting to sound like Uncle Qrow.

A bark alerts her to the ever-adorable Zwei and the sight of her father, Taiyang Xiao Long, in the trees behind her

Ruby:
Oh! Looks like Dad's back! I gotta go! He's dropping me off at Beacon for the tournament match before he goes on his next mission. Wish me luck!

She puts the hood back on and starts to walk away, but turns and delivers one final message to her mother.

Ruby: It was good to talk.

With that said, Ruby jogs back to her family as a group of crows fly into the sun to make a very familiar sight.

Taiyang: So, when were you gonna tell me you had a boyfriend?

Ruby's eyes widened at the mention as her face turned crimson red as her cloak, turning away from her father's questioning look. Of all the things he could ask, this was actually the one thing Ruby had hoped she didn't want to have to talk about, especially with her dad.