Vol. 5 Ep. 6 - Known by its Song

Rain is heard pouring outside as Qrow and The Timekeeper stood just outside a door to a restaurant. Qrow opens up the sliding door, and notices his friend not following.

Qrow: You coming or what?

(D/N): You go on ahead, I'll just.... I'll meet up with you later. We could cover more ground if we split it up.

But before Qrow could even respond, (D/N) walks away. Qrow becomes confused for as to what went wrong with him before he notices the "No Faunus" sign beside the door.

Qrow: Oh. Poor guy still can't get over his buddy.

He then finally walks inside, leading into the small restaurant. A man can be seen sleeping at a table in the corner, while the Ramen Shop Owner stands behind the counter sharpening his kitchen knife on a wood block. Qrow walks up to the owner, who is still paying attention to sharpening his knife.

Ramen Shop Owner: Regular? Or the Special?

Qrow: I'm actually looking for someone, goes by the name Shiro Wan. Ever heard of him? I heard he's a regular around here.

Ramen Shop Owner: Who's asking?

Qrow: Hey, I'm not some cop if that's what you mean. I need Shiro for a gig. We go way back.

Ramen Shop Owner: Way back, huh? So, he's a friend of yours.

Qrow: Hm, yeah, I'd say so. He's a pretty alright guy.

Ramen Shop Owner: Well, in that case...

Suddenly, his tone turns hostile, pointing his knife threateningly at Qrow

Ramen Shop Owner: You tell that jerk that he better not show his ugly face in here until he pays me the Lien he owes me!!

Qrow surprisingly gets taken aback in an instant, raising his hand in defense.

Qrow: Uh, did I say friend? I, uh- I meant acquaintance.

The owner angrily slams his knife into the counter.

Qrow: Really, we're just colleagues!

He nervously chuckles again again as he slowly walks away from the angry owner.

Qrow: Anyways, thanks for your time, buddy. I'll just be taking off now.

Qrow exits the restaurant, quickly closing the sliding door. He quickly turns around, leaning against the door. He takes a drink from his flask before pulling out his scroll, which has a list of "CONTACTS." Qrow crosses off Shiro's name, letting out a weary sigh.

Qrow: Great start.

Suddenly, the owner's knife is stabbed through the door cloth, barely missing Qrow's head.

Qrow: I hope (D/N) is having a much better luck with the others...

Meanwhile, (D/N) is seen walking towards a nearly run down house. He lowers down the hood of the cloak he is wearing as he knocks on the door twice before the resident opens it up. When they do so, the resident, who is a male, gasps in awe as he recognizes the man standing outside his door.

Resident: Oh my sweet Oum, you're The Timekeeper! You've gotta sign my comic book. I'll be right back.

The resident was about to sprint off to fetch his comic book, but (D/N) grabs him by the arm, stopping him.

(D/N): Wait, that could be done later. Listen, um, is Blanka Griffin here?

In an instant, the resident's excited face turns into a somber-looking one.