Vol. 3 Ep. 5 - Never Miss a Beat

It was day seven of the tournament and with only a week of events left today was the last of the second round matches. After the events final matches of the days events the second round was complete and there was to be a day break before the singles round was to begin. From a distance, you and your team have watched Yang and Weiss of Team RWBY beat Flynt and Neon of Team FNKI. After that, you all tried to make your way to Vale to hang out, but you were called by Glynda to head towards the Beacon Tower immediately. Your team questioned it, but you dismissed it telling them that you'll be alright. After that, you went your way towards back the academy.

Meanwhle, within the headmaster's office at twilight, Professor Ozpin is facing the window, his back to the elevators when the doors open and Qrow steps inside, approaching his desk with a coffee mug in hand, instead of his usual flask.

Qrow: You know, he's making you look like a fool.

Ozpin: His heart is in the right place. He's just... misguided.

Qrow: Sometimes, I'm not even sure he has a heart.

He takes a drink from his cup and shifts his weight before asking...

Qrow: So, have you chosen your guardian yet?

Ozpin: I believe that Maidens choose themselves. I simply believe that we've found the right candidate. Ever since the day I met her, I had the feeling she would be the one. She's strong, intelligent, caring... but most importantly, she's ready.

Qrow: And your nephew is---

Ozpin: (Y/N) is the exception. He inherited his mother's powers by birth. There are more things we absolutely don't know of how these things specifically work. Putting that aside, we all promised to Isolde not to make (Y/N) our guardian for this particular matter when it arrives, but a Guardian of the Winter Maiden's Power until we find the one who's ready enough to be the next Winter Maiden.

Qrow: But won't that be---

Just then, a chirping beep sounds repeatedly. Ozpin turns to his side to see a hollow-message "Access Requested" on his desk.

Ozpin:
Well, it appears our candidate has arrived early... And before Glynda and James it seems. Or even before (Y/N).

Qrow: Then I'll wait at the back of the room out of sight.

Qrow stated as he moved away from Ozpin's desk. Moments later, Pyrrha arrived in Ozpin's office.

Ozpin: Thank you for coming Miss Nikos... Please take a seat.

Pyrrha: Thank you Professor.

Pyrrha was more than happy to accept the Headmaster's offer as she sat down. Ozpin rested his cane to the side of his desk as he sat down before he spoke.

Ozpin: I'm been informed that you'll be taking part in the singles round. Well, it comes as no surprise that they've chosen you to move on to the final round of the tournament. Your performance was exemplary.

Pyrrha: Thank you, Professor Ozpin, but I would have never made it this far without my teammates.

Pyrrha humbly responded to Professor Ozpin's complements.

Qrow: Personally, I think it's the other way around.

Qrow suddenly spoke out from his hidden position, with him leaning on a pillar with his arms crossed. Pyrrha turns around and gets up from her chair, trying to be formal...

Pyrrha: I'm sorry, but I don't believe we've been introduced.

???: His name is Qrow. He was my mentor back in Signal, and Ruby and Yang's uncle.