Vol. 1 Ep. 12 - Jaunedice Pt.2

After a whole lot of lecturing you received from Weiss, you wearily made your way back towards your dorm. Just as you were about to turn to a corner you heard voices. You pressed your back against the corner wall and listened. The voices you heard were familiar to you. It was Ruby and Jaune, who seems to be questioning his role as leader. Ruby says that he may have been a failure before, he may have been a failure when he arrived at Beacon, which you silently agreed a bit, but you heard how Ruby said he can't afford to be a failure now because he has a team, and their lives are in his hands. As Ruby goes back to bed, Jaune is left with even more doubts.

You were really transpired at Ruby's word of wisdom that it made your heart beat slightly faster than the average for no apparent reason. Who knew she really had in there. You heard the sound of a ringing scroll and an inaudible message afterwards. Deciding to listen even further, you transfigured into bits of snow flurries and floated unseeingly behind Jaune. It was a voice message from Cardin, saying some orders on top of the Dust Project that Jaune's supposed to work on for him: he has to go out and get some Rapier Wasps.

You were utterly confused as to why Jaune began taking some stupid orders to a jerk bully like Cardin. After Jaune received the message, he closes his scroll just when it begins to beep again. Sighing, he wearily heads down the hallway and away from his room. When Jaune was fianlly out of sight, you reformed back to your original form, still wondering about Jaune's behavior. You opened the door to your dormitory to find it slightly dark, but you could make out the figures of Tealle and Claire already sleeping under their covers, with Sky nowhere to be found.

Just as you were about to hit the hay for today, the lights suddenly flickered to life, and you felt Sky's, although you are quite immune to it, cold presence behind you.

Sky: We need to talk, (Y/N).

You: Drat.

--------The Next Day------

Claire: Ugh! Come on already, cap! We're gonna be late for the trip!

You: Just give me 10 more minutes, Claire. My head's still full from Sky and Weiss' lecture last night.

You rolled onto your side away from Claire and draped your covers over your entire body in hopes of she would just let you sleep more. Last night after you got back into Beacon, Weiss gave you a long lecturing and threats if you would call her 'Ice Queen' again. You earned another lecturing from your teammate, Sky, when you got back into your dorm, and gave you only light warning and threats just because you're his Team Leader/Captain. Your tardiness only caused Claire to sigh frustratingly.

Claire: Ah, Jeez! Come on already! Tealle! A little help?

Tealle then walked over to you and used your own semblance against you as she lifted your covers in your feet and sent tingling icy bolts in it. Although you were immune to anything cold, but the fact it hit your feet, the most sensitive part of you body, was not entirely immune to tingling cold sensations.

You: Alright! Fine! I'll get up. Dag nab it. I hate when you do that, Tealle.

She gave you a smirk and received a high-five from Claire while you got up and fixed your bed.

Tealle: I guess I have my semblance to thank for.

She playfully giggled, which you rolled your eyes at.

You: Oh, ha ha. Very funny.

Claire: Now, come on! The others are waiting outside, so we can head out to the trip together today.

You: Wait. Others? And where's Sky?

Claire: Yeah! Ruby and her team decided to tag along with us, and Sky is already with them.