Vol. 2 Ep. 6 - Burning the Candle

You, your team, save for Sky's who's inside the your dorm room, Ruby, Weiss and Yang are making your way inside the ballroom. While walking you decided to walk closer to Ruby, about to ask her something.

You: Ruby, there's... something I've been actually meaning to ask you about something.

Ruby tilts her head as she looks at you confusingly...

Ruby: What is it?

You: This is kinda probably dumb, since we're going out and all, but do you want to... you know.. go to--"

Ruby suddenly giggles before you could even continue.

Ruby: You really are a dummy sometimes you know that? Of course I would love to go to the dance with you.

You were quite surprised at Ruby having to figure out what you wanted to say, but you were glad she accepted.

Ruby: Plus, there's no way I was going with anyone else

You: I was... just making sure you weren't planning on going out with some another guy, or something, since I didn't really ask you about it.

Ruby: You're really unpredictable, (Y/N). I like that about you....

She say this as she grabs and leans in your arms, making you smile affectionately at her.

You: Glad to hear it.

The conversation had ended with a comfortable silence. Tealle and Claire looked behind to see what they were witnessing. They both giggled amongst themselves as they made heart gestures with their fingers, making you roll your eyes and Ruby blush in crimson red as her cloak. You suddenly leaned in Ruby's ears and whispered:

You: You know, I can't wait to see you in a dress tomorrow.

Ruby's face instantly flares up as she hears this and breaks her hold from you.

Ruby: Wha--?! Wh-Wh-Where did that come from?!

You laughed at your girlfriend's priceless expression.

You: I was just thinking about it. Because.... you know. I always see you in that combat skirt of yours, with your scythe behind your waist. So, it is kind of nice to see you act like a.... Well, a normal girl.

Ruby: Hey, you're always in that trench coat of yours with your weapon strapped behind your back, mind you. Plus, we are in a school to be trained on how to fight Grimm. So... You get what I mean.

You: Haha... I guess so.

Before you even know it, you and the others have finally arrived at the ballroom. You, Weiss, Tealle, Claire and Yang were decorating. You were thinking about what you were going to do about Pyrrha and Jaune as you decorated some part in the ballroom with icy intricate.

Sky had confirmed your suspicions about Pyrrha liking Jaune by telling you last night, and you didn't know what to do. Pyrrha likes Jaune, Jaune likes Weiss, and Weiss apparently has a date in-mind for the dance. It would be helpful if Jaune isn't so in love with Weiss. Despite her general iciness, you could see why Jaune likes Weiss so much. You don't like her that way, but she was pretty, gifted, and don't get even started with her voice.

After finishing your part, you sat beside Ruby, who just sat glumly at the table, resting her head on her hand and staring into the distance before she's startled by someone slamming their palms on the table she's at..

Weiss
: I need you to pick a tablecloth.

She slides two squares over to Ruby, both seeming to be similar shades of white, much to her partner's confusion.

Ruby: Aren't they both the same?