Vol. 6 Ep. 8 - Dead End

Teams MSTC and RWBY, Qrow, Oscar, Linna and Maria are seen standing outside of the gates to the Atlesian Military base on the island off the coast of Argus, where the gates have just been shut right before their faces.

"Look at that, aren't we off to a good start already..." Claire sarcastically comments as she crosses her arms in irritation.

Yang then puts her hands on the bars of the gate to speak to the guards. "Come on! You didn't even hear us out!"

"Our orders are clear: The Mistral-Atlas border is closed!" One of the two identical guards behind the gate spoke.

"Please—"

"—Have a good day!"

"But—"

"A good day!!"

"Hey," Qrow interjects this time, "If you don't wanna believe that I'm friends with Ironwood—"

"—General Ironwood!" The two guards simultaneously corrected.

"Yeah, General Ironwood, then fine. But look, we have Weiss Schnee with us and we're trying to get her home safely."

Weiss looks down with reluctance upon hearing Qrow say that.

"And as one of the members of the Mistral Council, I demand an audience with your commanding officer." Linna declared in an authoritative voice.

The two guards look to each other before turning their attention back to the group.

"Approach!"

Weiss shares a look with Stormlight, who just shrugs. Both Linna and Weiss then walk up to the gate and the two guards step up and bend down to inspect them. After a moment, both guards stand straight back up.

"Very well!"

"You may speak with our commanding officer, Lady Azure!"

"We will fetch her at once!"

The two guards turn around in sync, and chant "Hup hup hup" and "Atlas Atlas Atlas" as they run to get their superior.

Blake stared at the two gurds as they disappeared somewhere. "They were... kind of—"

"Super weird? Uh, yeah." Ruby cuts in.

"Not to mention over the top." Tealle added.

"Hmm..." the old woman narrows her prosthetics eyes, as if in deep thought.

Oscar notices this. "What's wrong?"

"Well, I... may know this commanding officer..." Maria says, rubbing her head.