*Just For a Moment- Korra

Trigger Warning: Spiraling mental health (I'm not sure if it actually is, but just in case)

I love Korra's friends. I do. They accepted me into their tight-knit group happily. Bolin and Asami invited me to hang out frequently, even if Korra could not attend. I admired that about them. They all carry warm hearts, destined to do good.

I never found an issue with them until Asami started making heart-eyes at my girl. They made me laugh and treated me with respect. I returned that to them. At first, I paid no mind to Asami's crush. It's normal, and she acted respectfully. She even expressed her fears to me, crying in her office chair because she felt like a terrible friend. Like an idiot, I told her not to stress about the situation and to merely continue acting as the respectful and dignified woman she is. However, over the past four months, I noticed a shift.

She makes flirtatious comments to Korra when I'm right beside them, clings off Korra's arm, and whispers stuff in my girl's ear when she thinks no one's paying attention. What grinds my gears, though, is I can tell temptation has taken Korra whole. Her eyes fixate on the businesswoman, and her breathing stutters when Asami is close. One too many times, I've caught Korra's attention trailing a tad low on Asami's body.

I'm not stupid. I won't allow Asami to snatch what I searched my whole adult career trying to find with her slimy ass fingers. Korra can look at her all she wants. Hell. She could even sleep with the damn woman, but at the end of it all, Korra will crawl her avatar ass back to me. When she realizes she can't keep her lover and side piece, her whole world will turn to shit. I will build Korra up, make her feel the most loved she's ever felt, the most satisfied, the most protected and cared for, and then push her to her breaking point for even laying her eyes on another woman.

After a long day of supposedly fighting thugs, Korra steps through the front door of our apartment. Tears coat her blue shirt, and she whines about her body aching. She could heal herself, but she likes it when I take care of her, especially after getting away with sleeping with Asami. That woman surprisingly knows nothing of aftercare.

I'm not dumb. Anyone could tell the difference between battle wounds and other acts. I clean her up anyway. Acts like this are what keep her wrapped around my finger. Or, make her believe that I'm bound to hers.

I take her hand, guiding her to our room as she interfaces our fingers. She settles at the edge of our bed, the royal blue quilt creasing under her weight. Once in a comfortable position, Korra lifts her shirt over her head, exposing her bindings and the muscular structure of her body.

After a few minutes of dabbing and cleaning her pierced skin, I question, "Are you sure you're okay, baby? Those scratches look pretty deep."

Yes. I feed into Korra's lies. That's the only way. She melts under my affection, shoulders relaxing as I rub the top of them.

A tender smile spreads across her lips, but her eyes tell a different story. Turquoise windows cloud over with pride and a twinge of smugness.

"I'm okay. There's nothing the Avatar can't handle. Plus, I have you to make it all better," she whispers with her big eyes locked on mine and the false smile I despise.

I lean into her shoulder, pressing my lips against the warm and scarred shoulder. At that moment, I take a deep breath of her scent: Vanilla. Asami must be using a new perfume, trying to throw me off.

"I love you, Korra. I'll always be here to fix you up after a long day," I announce in the most lovable tone I can muster. A few more days of this shit, and I might go insane.

The corner of Korra's mouth twitches, tempted into a smirk. This little shit, thinking she has one over on me.

"I know, babe, and I'll do the same for you," she pledges with a grin.