Take Me Away - Azula

Tears bubble at the corner of her eyes as her heart throbs with an all too familiar pain. She cradles your body close to her, cradling you to to her chest as she weeps. A gentle hand caresses the side of your face, pushing back your hair and smearing crimson over your cheek.

Her head dips, pressing her forehead against your forehead.

"You have to let go.", Mai calls out, her own voice wavering at the sight.

The horrific scene before her cracks her invisible mask and embeds it's pain deep into her soul.

"No.", the Princess cries, pleading to anyone listening.

Her strong arms bring you closer, holding on tighter. The fire bender let's out a horrified shriek, sobbing louder as your warm body begins to cool.

She presses her lips against yours, pecking several times as if it'll bring you back to life, but she's too late. She couldn't save you, father was right, she's a failure.

Ty Lee, hides her face in her friends shoulder, unable to her princess weep at the loss of their friend.

"Azula, we have to go.", The marks woman reminds in a steady tone.

She picks up your body up off the filthy forest floor and carries you over to the pile of other dead bodies. With one final caress at your cheek, she clenches her hands into a tight fists.

Rage consumes her. She'll kill every last one of them, no one will survive. Everyone who had a hand in your death will meet a merciless end.

The acrobat reaches out for the princess hesitantly, but Azula bats her away, "Enough of this, we have to be their base by night fall."

She collects herself, wiping away at her face aggressively.

Her subordinates watch in concern, but follow her lead. The three ride off into the setting sun, settled upon their mongoose lizards, prepared wreak havoc.