Chapter 53 - Memories of Kyoto

.

Leaves are now changing their colors, signaling that autumn is officially here. Autumn is like a big and gorgeous mosaic painting where every leaf is also like a flower. It is also now the season for comfy sweaters/hoodies, warm drinks, and of course, pretty colors. As for James, there are more reasons why he loves this season. Autumn can show how beautiful it is to let go of things because it will lead us to our rightful destination, just like how the leaves are falling from the trees and goes with the wind, as if they're falling in love with the ground. Lastly, autumn is the season of the soul.

"This is Kuroba-san and Yukiko-san's favorite season. They both love autumn.." Sojiro smiles as he watches the red and yellow leaves falling from the trees. Sojiro is passing by a park on his way to his destination. In a couple of days, Sojiro's vacation is going to end and he will be going back to Japan. He planned to spend his remaining days in South Korea by going out and visiting more places.

..

"Oppa!!",

Sojiro smiled and waves to the college student waving at him. He then walks fast towards that student..

"Sorry for making you wait" Sojiro quickly apologized.

"It's okay. I just got here.." Haejoo replied. "So are you ready?" she asked.

"Yeah. Take the lead~" Sojiro chuckles.

"Araseo~ but first, let's grab something to eat. I'm hungry, hehe" Haejoo is going to be Sojiro's tour guide for the day. She will be taking him to different places around Seoul, that is a little unknown to foreigners.

"Sure~" Sojiro happily follows his tour guide.

Haejoo and Sojiro took a short bus ride to get to the place where Haejoo wanted to have their lunch. It is a rather small restaurant but the food are really delicious and most importantly, budget friendly. Haejoo made sure that she orders the foods that Sojiro haven't tried yet. On the other hand, Sojiro is rather excited and willing to try the different Korean cuisine that Haejoo is making him eat.

..

About an hour later, since they ate a lot, the two of them are just walking around the area..

"Ohh~ that was good. Gomawo, Haejoo-chan~" Sojiro thanked her. "Hmm, it does sound cute and odd at the same time.." Sojiro just giggles as he used a Korean word followed by a Japanese word honorific.

"Haha oppa, like I told you. Just call me by my name" Haejoo told him as she takes a spoonful of ice cream.

"I need to work on my Korean language.." Sojiro just laugh at it and eats his ice cream too.

"Wow.. the surroundings are really pretty.." Haejoo commented as she looked at the autumn leaves on the trees that is covering the sidewalks. Sojiro looked up and admires the beautiful ambiance. ".. because of James oppa, I'm starting to like the autumn season" she added.

"Yeah. He really liked the autumn season. Back in Japan, he is really excited whenever the leaves are turning red and yellow.." Sojiro remarked. ".. too bad, right after his favourite season is his most hated one".

"Yeah.." Haejoo sighed sadly. "But I think maybe he doesn't hate it as much as he did before", something comes up to her mind.

"What do you mean?" Sojiro asked and looks at Haejoo.

"I mean maybe his bad memories in winter season is finally gone. It may now be a beautiful and unforgettable one" Haejoo explains.

"Why is that?" Sojiro still hasn't fully understand what Haejoo meant.