Chapter - 19

BOOMERANG – the name of the fancy night club was written in big bold letters and lights were flickering on and off giving the club an eerie glow. The club was situated in a secluded area with only a parking lot nearby and it was already filled with people of various age when we stepped inside. It took half an hour for us to reach here and we had no trouble in getting the passes as Sid knew the owner of the club. We even got VIP passes, all thanks to Sid and his Friend.

The club looked posh and lively and everyone here seemed to be in their element. All the girls started mingling with the crowd as soon as they entered. It was Saturday, thus most of the people in the club were either college students or IT workers chilling off after a hectic week. The club did not allow underage people, so we had to sneak two of Ani's youngest cousins, through the back door with the help of a bartender whom one of Anika's colleague knew.

Every girl from the Anand family was dressed in an elegant way, all ready to party their ass off till the night worn off under the blinking stars. I had no interest in partying whatsoever, so I sat in a corner, watching the teenage girls. They were prohibited from getting any drink, so I gave them company with my orange juice.

Anika and Raksha forced me to come here, if it were not for them, I would have been lying in my bed, reading a book, enjoying my chocolate smoothie. This orange juice could not compete with my smoothie, but it was good. The twin girls, Anvi and Janvi were looking at the interior of the club in awe. I heard them squealing as soon as they entered the club. They looked at the booths filled with young and crazy people, like they were looking at the human specimen for the first time in their life, innocent children.

The neon light setting of the club, added to its crazy energy and everyone's face was glowing under the contrast light. Janvi's blush, when a passing waiter winked at her was clearly visible even in the contrast light. I chuckled at her childishness and let my eyes roam around the dance floor, where my friends were dancing like maniacs. I felt my feet tapping on the ground for the heavy music, played by the DJ. Come on, you can't look at me like that, after all I am a dancer.

Shreya signaled for me to join them in the dance floor, and I wanted to go. It has been a long time since I let myself loose like this. But I had to look after the two seventeen years old girls, so I shook my head at her and continued sipping my drink. After a while, I got bored of my orange juice, and my body started syncing with the music. Lucky me, Nina came to our booth to relax for a while. So, I excused myself and went to the dance floor and let my feet lead my mind to the music.

My best friends cheered for me, in a few minutes I had the attention of the whole dance floor. Some girls were looking at me in total awe and some were even jealous. I was not selected as the best dancer back in college for nothing. I moved my hips gracefully and danced to the rhythm. I could feel all the tension leave my body as I started dancing, this is what dance does to me. It takes away all my worries and fears.

Ani, Raksha and Shreya started dancing with me and we had a great time laughing and taunting each other. All the boys of the family were having their bachelor party in the exclusive terrace of the club, because they needed privacy. Those were the exact words of Robert. Poor Rob, he missed the perfect opportunity. But terrace party sounded so cool, than the one in a closed dark room, the sad thing is that only boys were allowed there. Perks of knowing the owner, my jealous brain whispered.

Even after so many songs, I could feel my feet pumping to the music and I let myself loose and swayed to the beat. It is the result of several years of practice that I am dancing like a pro now. As I was dancing to a famous kollywood song, I turned to my right to look for Shreya. But I found someone else, looking at me with the same expression. The expression still strong and fresh, just like the first time I saw her.

Ananya Adhithyan was looking at me with so much love and care in her eyes, that I found myself moving towards her. She gave me an encouraging smile and nodded her head at me, asking me to come to her. She is such a sweet person, I have never seen a kind-hearted person like her ever in my life. She is his favorite person in the whole world. Arjun used to talk about her a lot. Sometimes, I was even jealous of her that my boyfriend talked more about her than me.

She looked exactly the same, with a tall figure, brown wavy hair pinned to the side, and big black orbs that oozed kindness. I took only a few steps towards her, when a shrill alarm rang loud inside my head, warning me to back off. I stopped dead in my tracks, shook my head in a no and started backing away, when I saw a familiar face in a distance near her.

He looked quite familiar, but I could not make out his face clearly in the dim light. I saw Ananya making a move towards me in my hindsight. That is, it. I turned on my heel and ran away from the place. I did not want to face her right now. I promised her, I would move on from that incident. It was she who asked me to go somewhere, to come out of the heart break. But that did not happen, and it would not happen until I find out the mystery behind that tragic evening.

I came out of the club to get some fresh air. It was completely dark outside, and I could not spot any familiar face outside. I took out my phone and called Ani, but she did not pick up. She would not notice given the heavy music of the club and the noise of the crowd. I decided to text her and sent a text informing her about my sudden departure, due to my supposed head ache and booked a cab to go back to the hotel.  

TO BE CONTINUED..........

HEY DEAR READERS. TODAY IS DOUBLE UPDATE DAY, SO ENJOY READING AND DONT FORGET TO GIVE A SWEET KISS TO THE TWINKLING STAR BUTTON. 

I AM THINKING ABOUT WRITING A SEPERATE BOOK TO TELL YOU WHAT ARJUN THINKS AFTER ONLY A TWO MORE CHAPTERS. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT. PLEASE LET ME KNOW ABOUT IT IN THE COMMENT SECTION.