Chapter - 60

Five months later.

SANJANA:

It has been five months since I came back to London. After my surgery no one was ready to send me back to London, but a certain someone convinced all of them. After I was discharged from the hospital I had to stay in Kumar mansion, because my mom was staying there. I did not want to stay there as I will have to face Arjun. But he did not cross my path even once in the fifteen days I stayed there. My mom was in a state of mental trauma back then, but she was very happy when she saw me. She did not look like someone who suffered so much in life. She looked so happy and content to see me after all the years of separation. She thought I had died. She was very emotional. She did not let me out of her sight even for a second.

Anamika aunty had to practically drag her out of my room so that I could rest for a while. So I stayed with her for fifteen days and came back to London. My mom's shrink advised us that it would help my mom recover quickly if there is a change of place. So I brought her with me to London. Anamika aunty and Sharanya ma refused at first, but later on doctor's advice they both relented. I brought her to London a couple of months ago and she is staying with me in my apartment now. Surprisingly the apartment is not MM's friend's, but Anami aunty's one of many properties.

I refused to stay in the apartment when I came to know of the truth, but she threatened me that she would send my mom with me only if I stay in her apartment. I had no other choice but accept it, even my mom supported aunty, no wonder they are best friends. For the past five months my mind is going back to the day Arjun confessed everything to me. As much as I hate myself for being the reason of the death of Karthik and Arjun's transplantation surgery, I cannot stop the shy smile that threatens to break free whenever I think about him telling me that he loves me, 'I Love you Sanju', has been resonating around me for quite a while now.

"Come back from your dreamland Madam", someone snapped their fingers at my face. I turned around irritated and saw Krish leaning on my desk with a teasing smile on his face. "Thinking about him again?", his eyebrows shot up to reach his hairline and he has this stupid smile on his face like he knows exactly what is running on my mind. "Whom?", I pretended to not know as I skimmed through a document that had the details of the students participating in the upcoming competitions. "Arjun, duh", he said in a flat tone. Even after all this time, when I hear his name my heart beats fast, stupid weak thing.

"What about him?", I asked unaffected. When he did not get a reaction out of me he became irritated, "You can fool yourself, but not me, ok. I know you better than you think. And from that tiny blush and your jittery fingers I can pretty much guess that you are thinking about him" he replied in an all-knowing tone. I glared at him hard, but he stood there unaffected. When I told Krish everything, he was more excited and happy that I got my Arjun back than us winning the overall trophy this year. Since then he has been teasing me with his weird but true assumptions.

He did not even let me breathe in peace in front of our students. Wherever I went he came running behind, singing some stupid romantic songs that always brought a smile on my face. But he has been overdoing it these days. "Look Krish I know what you are trying to say, but I need some time", I tried to reason with him. "It has been five months Sana, you still need time?", he sighed exasperated. "I know, but I can't face him now. I think I cannot face him anywhere in the near future. It hurts to think that I am the reason for all this Krish", I whispered as a single tear escaped my eye.

"You know what, take all the time you want, because I am going to try my luck with him", he exclaimed. "What?", I yelled just as he started giggling, then started laughing uncontrollably. "You should see how your face looks now. Jesus, you look like a lady hulk now", he barked out in between laughter. Yuck, do I look green? I touched my face and looked at him confused. That is when I understood his words, "I am not jealous", I declared and got up from my chair. He gave me a crooked smile, like he is thinking of something evil.