lanta

Brothers I was raised with

Meereen

A day ago

     "Akharo," Daenerys called him. It was almost night time and Daenerys had not heard from her sister after their fight in the morning, the young Queen

     "Khaleesi," Akharo said, bowing his head to his Khaleesi.

     "Do you know where my sister is?" She asked.

     "She left Khaleesi," Akharo said, and Daenerys could hear the hesitation on his voice, which made her turn towards him.

     "Left? To where?" She asked, making Akharo tremble.

     "I do not know Khaleesi. We fought and she climbed on her red and flew away," he explained to Dany.

     Daenerys did not answer, she just gestured him away. She could not believe it, Rhaella flew away on Rhaegon's back, they had talked about riding on dragon's back since they met, and her sister had finally done it, and she was not there to see it.

     The young queen also worried, she knew Rhaella was safe with Rhaegon, but it was her first time riding and she certainly did not know how to guide him and she had been gone for almost a whole day. She felt horrible about what she had done and she felt worse because of the fight with Rhaella, and now her sister was lost somewhere.

     Now all the young Dragon Queen could do is hope her sister was safe and that she would be back with her safely.

...

Old Valyria

     The two siblings and the Targaryen girl were bathing on the shallow part of the river. The water wasn't cold, but it also wasn't as hot as the girl wished for. The Daenora said that on the other side of the city there were very hot water pools great for bathing, she said that the Fourteen Flames heated the pools and everything else around the city, but the older woman also said that they don't venture far from their home, and most certainly not on the other side of the ruined city.

     The girl worked on getting the mud from the ends of her hair, which proved to be a hard task. The mud was a result of her exploring the day before and her sleeping on the floor, and now she could not get all of the mud out of her hair.

     "You should just cut it," Saera said.

     "Cut my hair?" Rhaella asked in shock, as if what the dark skinned girl just suggested was an atrocity.

     "Yes, it is just hair," Saera said,

     "It grows back," Gaemon said.

     "Yes...but I like my long hair," Rhaella justified. Her hair was the feature she was most proud of, and for years she had to hide it, and she did not want to have to cut it. "I'm sure I can clean it," she said, scrubbing the ends of her hair some more.

     "He is right," Rhaella heard Daenora from behind her, but before she could say anything or even turn around she felt something cold on her neck. Before she could even think about it the girl felt strands of her long hair falling on her naked breast, and when she looked down she saw strands of her hair on the water, and finally she saw her reflection: half of her hair was cut right on her shoulder. She looked at herself for what felt like hours, and she watched as Daenora grabbed other strands of her hair and cut them all at the same length. When she was done Rhaella still stared at her reflection in shock.

     "I think you still look beautiful," Saera said, smiling at the silver haired girl.

     "It will be easier to wash now," Gaemon smirked at her.

     "Not funny," Rhaella said, splashing water on him, making the siblings laugh.

     As the three of them washed themselves Rhaella looked around and thought about how much her life had changed in just two days, she was in Meereen with her sister and now she bathed in a river in the middle of the Ruins of Old Valyria. For some reason since the Targaryen Princess had arrived in Valyria she could not stop thinking about Robb, Theon and Jon. She missed the older Stark boy, and it hurt her to know that she would never see him again, she could not help but feel guilty, maybe if she was there with him. But what hurt her more was to know that Theon was being tortured somewhere and she couldn't do anything, she could just hope he would survive his captor. And Jon, oh Jon, it had been a while since she had dreamt with Jon, and she couldn't decide if that was a good sign or not, she wished she could see him but she was afraid that if she dreamt with him it would be because something bad happened to him.

     "Are you alright?" Gaemon asked her softly, taking the girl away from her day dream.

     "Yes," It was all Rhaella said, but she smiled at the boy.

     "Come," Saera said, standing up and handing Rhaella and her brother some rags so they could dry themselves.

     One of the things Rhaella liked the most about Essos and Slaver's Bay was that most people were not ashamed of their bodies. In Westeros if a woman bathed next to a man, or even showed too much skin, she would be called a whore and have no suitors, but here she bathed with Gaemon and Seara in the river and felt no shame, or was shamed for bathing with him.

     As the three dried themselves and put on the clothes Daenora gave them, Saera turned to the Targaryen girl. "Were you thinking about a lover?" Saera asked, the dark skinned girl was curious about Rhaella, she had barely talked with anyone besides her brother and her mother, and she wanted to know what royalty lived like on the outside world.

     "No," Rhaella smiled, "I was thinking about my brothers," she explained.

     "Yours brothers are dead, are they not?" Gaemon asked, earning himself a glare from his sister.

     Rhaella laughed at the boy and his sister, "not my brothers by blood, I never met them. The brothers I was raised with," and she smiled thinking of her boys.