lanta

The plan

     Rhaella Targaryen stood side by side with her sister, with Jaime Lannister on her left as they watched the large pyre burn away

     After everyone saw the head, and body, of Tyrion Lannister in the crate, Daenerys told Jaime he should be the one to choose how to lay his brother to rest. The older Lannister decided to take in Jon Snow's suggestion, and burn Tyrion's body, not wanting to risk his little brother becoming one of the wights in the Night King' army. So the queen ordered the Dothraki to build a worthy pyre and lay her former Hand's body on it.

     The Targaryen princess suggested building the pyre on the grass field by the Sea Dragon Tower, so Tyrion could be laid to rest in a beautiful place, as he deserved. Ever since she saw Tyrion's body the silver girl had been choking in her own guilt, she felt guilty knowing she always doubted Tyrion, and yet he died following her sister and trying to make the world a better place. No one knew exactly what Tyrion's plan had been, not even Jaime, but they gathered by his note and later his head on a crate that the Hand of the Queen planned on helping Daenerys somehow. But what everyone in the island of Dragonstone knew was that Tyrion Lannister's death meant that the Dragon Queen now had fire in her eyes, and if before taking King's Landing wasn't something she could be talked out of, now they feared for the people in the city, specially Lord Varys.

     Once the pyre was built and Tyrion's body was laid on top of it, a torch was given to Ser Jaime, so he could do the honors, and so he did. Rhaella watched as Jaime Laniister touched his torch on the bottom of the pyre, and she watched as the fire slowly consumed the pyre and soon enough Tyrion's body. A funeral pyre wasn't as glorious as it was made to be, the princess thought it was just a big fire, and it certainly smelled, it smelled of smoke, burned wood, and burned flesh, definitely not a smell you could stay around for long.

     So as time went by and the pyre burned away, the people around it began to walk away, first it was Lord Varys, then Gendry, then Jon and Ser Davos, soon enough Rhaella, Missandei and Ser Jorah left, leaving Daenerys and Ser Jaime by the fire, and Grey Worm stood by his Queen, of course. The truth was, Rhaella Targaryen wished to be by her sister's side, but she could not stand by the fire for another minute, her legs hurt and her nose could not stand the smell any longer. So the silver princess walked to the Chamber of the Painted Table, her and her sister's plan was ready, but she did want to go over the plans one last time. She knew they would take King's Landing any day from now, and she wanted to be prepared for when it happened.

...

     It was almost dusk and the Silver Queen and the Golden Knight were still standing by the burning pyre, the fire had almost died down completely, but the two still stood there, to honor their friend and brother.

     Once the fire had died down completely Daenerys turned towards Jaime before he could walk away from the field they stood in. "Ser Jaime," she said softly, making the knight turn towards her, "I know we do not trust or like each other, but Tyrion trusted you. I know it's not much, but you are free to wander around the island as you please, no Dothraki will follow you around anymore."