lanta ampā

Visions beyond the wall

Rhaella Targaryen felt cold

She could not see anything, everything around her was too bright for her eyes, but what she heard terrified her. A battle was going on around her, a familiar battle, the sound of roars and of ice melting under fire, the sound of a single sword cutting through bones, the sounds of steps, running towards the swordsman, and the snars coming from the enemy, those were sounds engraved in the girl's head, sounds she knew she would never forget.

As her violet eyes adjusted to her surroundings the youngest Targaryen's ears were met by another very familiar sound, a screech of pain that instantly brought tears to her eyes, and the sound of water hitting the ground, but the princess knew that was not water. As she finally got used to the light the silver haired girl saw as the icy ground melted into the lake and all the water turned red from Viserion's blood. Rhaella looked to the sky for a moment, and she watched as her sister and Drogon flew away from the White Walkers and the Night King.

The Princess of Dragonstone watched as most of the wights and walkers walked away from the scene, but something still felt wrong. And that's when she took a good look at her surroundings, realizing she stood where Jon and his party did when her and Dany had come to their rescue, a small rock in the middle of the lake. The lake was not frozen anymore, and kneeling down the princess could feel that it's waters were in fact warm, even this far North the dragons' fire burned so hot it had heated up the waters from the big lake, and Viserion's warm blood certainly helped keep the waters warm.

Soon Rhaella heard a movement in the water, and she watches as Jon pulls himself out of the water gripping his sword, but her relief didn't last long once she realized the wights that were still walking away from the lake took notice of Jon, who now tried to stumble away from the dead. Jon raised his sword as the small part of the Army of the Dead ran towards him, and silent tears ran on Rhaella's eyes, once again she felt useless as she watched a friend die, or so she thought. Before any of the wights could reach Jon a hooded figure on a horse with a flaming chain killed some of the wights, galloping towards the King in the North, and once the figure got down from the horse and pulled his hood down but Rhaella and Jon recognized him, Benjen Stark. Rhaella watched as the eldest Stark put Jon on the horse, and as the horse galloped away, the man stayed behind to distract the dead so that his nephew could leave safely, and both the princess and the king watched as the man they admired fought the wights, but unfortunately even with bis flaming chain and skills, uncle Benjen was soon overtaken by the dead. Soon after Benjen Stark was dealt with there was a strange silence that did not last very long. Rhaella watched as the wights came back to the lake, and strangely they were divided in fours rows, each of the rows of wights carrying a very large and heavy chain. As the thousands of wights marched towards the lake the princess also could see white walkers on dead horses also approaching, and from far away she could see the Night King, and for one second it was as if the white walker was staring right at her.

The girl was quickly distracted when she heard a splashing noise. Turning around she saw the first wights of each row throw themselves in the water taking the ends of the chains with them, which caused the princess to frown, she knew they could not swim, so why were they killing themselves willingly. When the chain stopped moving the silver haired girl thought the wights must have reached the bottom of the deep lake, and the girl frowned once again when she saw as the other thousands of wights gave the chain a tug, as if making sure it was in place, and she could only guess the chain was where they had planned as the army started pulling. They pulled for what seemed like hours, and each step they took Rhaella's heart would beat faster, she could see and hear the water moving, which told her there was something in the water, nothing good, she thought.

It felt like hours but Rhaella finally saw it. Her violet eyes went wide when she saw horns come out of the water, very familiar horns, dragon horns, but these were bigger than her dragon's, and as the wights pulled the princess could see this unknown dragon was almost twice as big as hers, his head was gigantic and his scales were black and blue. The princess was terrified as she watched the wights pull the whole dragon out of the water. As almost all of the dragon was out of the water the wight stopped pulling, the Night King made his way closer to the dragon's head. When the King stopped he knelt down and touched the dragon's snout. Rhaella Targaryen gasped as she saw the dragon open his eyes, big, blue, dead, eyes. As if he had heard her, the Night King slowly turned his towards the Dragon Princess, looking her straight in the eye, violet on blue staring at each other for seconds, until Rhaella's surroundings started fading away from her.

...

     The princess found the ocean calming, and that is why she found herself on the front deck of the ship, watching the ocean, hoping they would put her thoughts at ease. Rhaella was still deeply disturbed what she had seen, if the thousands of wights weren't bad enough a dragon was terrible. All the princess could think about was how large the dragon was, and that now the chances of her dragon's being injured just grew, and that scared her. The silver princess took a deep breath and looked at the ocean again, hoping to rid her mind with the thoughts of the dead.

     Even though they were almost in Dragonstone the cold winter air followed them, and even under layers upon layers of fur the girl was still cold. Rhaella was shaking, but she did not know if it was because of her dream or because of the cold breeze that hit her face. Her moments of peace did not last long once she heard rushed steps towards her and before she could turn around she felt arms wrapping around her, and it did not take her long to recognize her sister's embrace.

     The hug was short, with Dany quickly pulling away and placing her hands on her sister's pink cheeks. "What are you doing out here? Never mind, you are freezing, you must go back inside," Daenerys pulled her sister back to her warm cabin. And once the Queen had her sister laying down and under furs once again she turned to Rhaella, "what were you doing out there?"

     Rhaella sat up on the bed so she could face her sister. "The ocean calms me. And after all I have seen I just needed to watch the water," the princess told Dany, whose expression changed drastically.

     "What did you see Beyond the Wall?" The Khaleesi sounded worried.

     "I did not see anything Beyond the Wall. I had a real dream, a vision," she took a deep breath looking at her sister. "Have you ever heard of the myth of the dragon who got lost Beyond the Wall?" she asked and Dany shook her head. "There is a myth of a wild dragon that flew Beyond the Wall, hundreds of years ago, and it was never seen again. It is not a very known myth, but the people that tell it say it got lost and couldn't find it's way back, and some people say that maybe it got trapped somehow. I didn't believe it, but I saw it last night," Rhaella watched as her sister's mouth went wide. "It was deep under the lake. I think our dragon's fire melted ice that has been there for hundreds of years, the same ice that hid his body for hundreds of years. And the wights pulled him out," she told her sister.

     "How big...?" Daenerys asked hesitantly.

     "Almost twice the size of our dragons," she said and Dany's eyes went wide once again.

     Daenerys took her sister's hand into hers and gave her a comforting smile, "we will destroy the Night King and they will be alright." The sister heard one of the men from the ship crew scream that they had docked in Dragonstone. "I talked to Jon Snow, I pledged ourselves to help him," Dany said and Rhaella smiled.