vōre

The last sunset

     Their days in Meereen were coming to an end and Rhaella tried to enjoy the city as much as she could

     Their days in Meereen were coming to an end and Rhaella tried to enjoy the city as much as she could. Meereen wasn't home for the girl, but she did love the city, and she was sure nothing in Westeros could compare to her terrace garden and the view she had from there. The last few days the princess had been running around getting things done, what things those were no one knew, not even Theon, after she got her things done she would walk back to her terrace garden and spend the rest of the day with Theon, she barely had time for Daenerys these days.

     It was their last day in Meereen and the people wanted to bid their farewell to their loved Queen and so did Daario Naharis, so they organized a feast of some sorts, but it would be held outside of the pyramid, so anyone could enjoy the festivities. The rich families brought many different dishes with ingredients from other cities and expensive gifts for the two Targaryens, while the poor families and former slaves brought simpler dishes and gifts, but that did not matter, they were all happy the same.

     Rhaella was later than usual, Dany wanted to have one last supper in Meereen with her sister and their closest friends, but when she walked into her sister's chambers she only found Theon, who also didn't know where the princess was.

     Later that day, when almost everyone that lived in Meereen found themselves outside of the pyramid, they had all come to say farewell to their loved queen, and wish her good fortune in her travels. The people sang, dance, and ate all around the Queen, who finally decided to sit down, and that was when Dany finally saw her sister. The violet eyed girl walked towards the Khaleesi with a beautiful pink tokar on, and her hair had the same silver jewelry on her hair, which matched the Khaleesi's herself who had intricate braids on and bells braided on her hair.

     "Sister, where have you been?" The Queen asked, smiling gently at her sister.

     "I have a gift for you," Rhaella told her sister, showing her a leather bag in her hand. "You are a Khaleesi above anything, and a Khaleesi doesn't need a crown, your braids and bells are better than any crown you could ever have. But just in case someone in Westeros has something to say about your lack of a crown," then the princess pulled a simple yet beautiful silver crown out of the leather bag. The bottom of the crown was thin and it had a texture like scales and three dragon heads were evenly spaced from each other on the back, and they had gems for eyes, violet like Rhaella and her dragon's eyes. And three thin dragon bodies came out in front, each of them had gems for eyes, gold, green, and red. My children, Dany thought, with tears in her eyes.

     "Thank you," the Queen put her arms around her sister and hugged her tightly.

     "Of course, my Queen," the princess joked.

     Soon after joining the feat Rhaella found Theon and Yara, drinking and eating with their crew. All of the Iron Born turned their heads towards the silver haired girl when they saw her coming in their direction. Most of them had never seen someone that looked anything like a Valyrian, even when they arrived in Meereen they had not seem the princess or the queen, so for them to see a silver haired and purple eyed girl, probably the most beautiful girl they had ever seen, right in front of them was very strange, and the truth was it did not matter how beautiful she was, most of them just wondered if she was mad like her father.

     "Princess," Yara bowed  her head, greeting the girl.

     "Call me Rhaella," she smiled. "Are you enjoying the feast?" The youngest Targaryen asked.

     "Everything is great," Theon answered, with his usual gloomy tone, but he did smile at the girl. Yara often wondered if there was something between her brother and the princess, Theon slept in her chambers and spent most of his time with the silver girl.

     "Come Theon, we are going to dance," Rhaella extended her hand towards the youngest Greyjoy.

     "I do not dance," the dark haired boy said, making Rhaella roll her eyes.

     "Well, my brother is stupid, but I am not. And I would not dare to let a pretty girl dance alone," Yaya smirked and offered Rhaella her hand. The princess smiled and took the woman's hand, allowing the oldest Greyjoy to guide her closer to the people playing music. The two danced for a while, Rhaella was sure she had never had more fun, and Yara was a great dancer, they danced until Rhaella felt a large hand on her shoulder, and when she turned around the girl saw a familiar face, Akharo. Before she could say anything Yara nodded her head, giving the girl a knowing look before walking towards her brother.

     "I thought you were dead," Akharo spoke, as the two walked away from the crowd.

     "I am sorry," the girl apologized once they were far from the people. How have you been? I heard you got married," the princess asked. Right after Rhaella came back to Meereen she heard whispers about Akharo, and how he had gotten married, the servants thought it would upset the princess, but the truth was, she liked the Dothraki man as a friend, and nothing else.

     "Yes, she is the daughter of one of Khal Drogo's blood riders," he told the Targaryen girl.

     "Are you happy?" She asked her former lover.

     "She is not you, blood of my blood," Akharo told Rhaella.

     "She will make you happy," the princess smiled at him, before kissing his cheek and walking back to the crowd.

     Once the princess was back at the feast she danced, ate , and drank, enjoying the fun moment while it would last, she knew it wouldn't be like this in Westeros. When the sun had sat and the people walked back to their houses Rhaella climbed the steps towards the apex of the pyramid very slowly, knowing that would be the last time she would walk up those steps. When she reached her chambers she walked straight to the terrace garden, knowing that was the place she would miss the most.

     "Are you afraid?" A voice asked her, and the princess did not need to turn around to know that the voice belonged to Theon Greyjoy. Theon understood now why Rhaella loved the garden so much. It was peaceful up there, the scent of flowers and fruit was intoxicating, and felt as if nothing could ever harm him again there, and he even enjoyed Aegon's presence, after he realized the dragon would not burn him alive. In truth, he felt safer than ever knowing a fire breathing beast was just outside. And if Theon thought Aegon was terrifying, he would never admit it he almost pissed himself when he saw the other dragon's for the first time, especially Rheagon, who made sure to roar very loudly at him.

     "I'm not," the princess sat down by the edge of the pool, taking her sandals off and putting her feet in the water.

     "Then what is bothering you? We are going home," The youngest Greyjoy asked, sitting on the edge of the pool but he was turned away from the water.

     "Meereen doesn't feel like home, but Westeros never did either. And how can I ever leave a place like this," Rhaella gestured towards the garden.

     "You will have me, your sister, and your dragons, it will feel like home. And if you like the terrace garden so much I will build you one," the dark haired boy smiled at the girl.

     "You would build a garden just for me?" She smiled at her friend, getting closer.

     "I would build you the biggest keep in the world if you wanted it," Theon moved his hand towards the girl's cheek, looking into her eyes.

     Rhaella looked into Theon's dark eyes before closing her own and bringing her lips to his, their lips touched gently and the kiss they shared was as gentle as their touch, but the kiss still had years of feelings in it. Theon's kisses were always full of lust and nothing else, maybe this was what he had been missing all of his life

Author's note:

My babies!!! I'm sorry I suck at describing kisses and I have the worst headache, but I really hope you guys like it!