vōre

The Dragon and the Wolf

     Both Drogon and Rhaegon had landed on the grassland by Stone Drum, and both dragons, and their riders, were quick to notice Jon Snow standing by the cliff, looking at them

     Both Drogon and Rhaegon had landed on the grassland by Stone Drum, and both dragons, and their riders, were quick to notice Jon Snow standing by the cliff, looking at them. The two sisters looked worried when the two dragons walked closer to Jon, and when they got close enough the red and the black stared right at the bastard and let out a roar so loud the whole island must have heard them, and Jon's cloak almost flew away from his body.

     Rhaella could see the terrified look on Jon's face and the princess herself looked worried, Drogon and Rhaegon were the wildest of their dragons and she did not want anything to happen with Jon. Her red stepped closer to the King in the North who took a couple of steps back, and the silver girl and queen couldn't help but look at the man and dragon with curiosity, both of them knew that if the dragons wanted to do anything to Jon they would have done it already.

     The silver haired girl noticed how closer Rhaegon was to Jon, and the look of determination on the man's face when he took his glove off. Jon was shaking so much the youngest Targaryen could see it from dragon's back, yet he still reached for the dragon's snout, slowly touching and caressing it.

     Jon Snow stared into the beast's eyes as he carefully caressed his snout. His red scales were much hotter than the King had even imagined, so hot he was sure his hand would burn if he touched the dragon for much longer. But what really amazed Jon were the beast's eyes, violet pools that looked wild and feral, and Jon had seen those eyes before, Rhaella did really have the dragon's eyes, or the dragons had hers.

     The Targaryen sisters looked at the scene in awe, but it also said something about Jon Snow, especially to the Queen, if one of their wildest dragons trusted the man, so should her. As Rhaegon backed away from the man the dragons quickly lowered themselves so their riders could slide off. As soon as the Targaryens' feet were on the ground the two dragons raised their legs, spread their wings and joined their siblings in the sky.

     Rhaella and Dany walked closer to Jon as he watched as the dragon flew above them. "They are beautiful, aren't they?" Dany asked the King in the North as she watched her children.

     "Wasn't the word I was thinking of, but... But yes, they are. Gorgeous beasts," Jon said, making Rhaella chuckle.

     "They're not beasts to us. No matter how big they get, or how terrifying to everyone else, they're my children," The Queen told Jon, who looked at his friend.

     "They are not my children," Rhaella joked, making Jon laugh.

     "You weren't gone long," Jon pointed out.

     "No," Rhaella said, still looking at the dragons in the sky.

     "And?" Jon asked.

     "And we have fewer enemies today than we did yesterday," Dany pointed out, but she did not miss the look on Jon's face. "You're not sure how you feel about that," Dany said again.