ampa

Apologies and Bastards

     Rhaella Targaryen stood by the windows of the Chamber of the Painted Table looking outside, while Daenerys sat in the high chair looking at the Painted Table

     "We need to help Jon," the princess said, still looking outside. "I dreamt about it," the silver girl now turned to face her sister, "when we were still in Essos, but I had forgotten about it. But last night I had a dream that reminded me about it. We have to help him, otherwise I don't think we will ever get the throne," Rhaella told her sister.

     "I thought about that last night, and we will help him. But we do need to deal with Cersei before we march North," The Queen said.

     "Then we deal with Cersei. Dany we have six dragons, we do not need to burn anything, as soon as the people see the six dragons flying above them they will bend the knee," Rhaella told her sister.

     Dany looked up, into her sister's eyes, violet on violet, she held her sister's hand but before the queen could say anything her council and Jon Snow, and Ser Davos walked into the room, and by the look on their faces Rhaella knew it couldn't be good news. Varys and Tyrion took seats, one on each of Daenerys' side, while Rhaella and Ser Jorah stood on the Queen's side, and Jon Snow and Ser Davos stood on the other side of the Painted Table. "Is everything alright?" Dany asked, looking at the piece of parchment on Jon's hand.

     Jon Snow took a deep breath which caused to look at all of the men who had just entered the room. "What?" She asked rudely.

     "Arya and Bran are in Winterfell," Jon told the girl who looked at him in awe. Rhaella hadn't heard two names in such a long time, she was sure they were dead by now. "I thought Arya was dead. I thought Bran was dead," Jon said, reading the letter that was sent to him.

     "I'm happy for you. You don't look happy," Dany pointed out.

     "Bran saw the Night King and his army marching towards Eastwatch. If they make it past the Wall...," Rhaella could hear the desperation on Jon's voice.

     "The Wall has kept them out for thousands of years, presumably," Lord Varys said.

     "I need to go home," Jon said shortly.

     "You said you don't have enough men," Daenerys said.

     "We'll fight with the men we have. Unless you'll join us," Jon said, almost sarcastically.

     "And give the country to Cersei? As soon as I march away, she marches in," Daenerys said, and the princess could feel Jon's eyes shift to her.

     "Rhae...," Jon begged.

     "She is right Jon, we cannot just abandon everything we conquered here, Cersei will take everything right back. We need to take King's Landing," the princess said, and she did not miss the look Varys and Tyrion gave each other.