jēnqa

What bending the knee means

     Rhaella and Daenerys Stormborn waited by the edge of the cliff on Dragonstone, the ships with the Dothraki and Tyrion, who insisted on going, had left a couple of hours ago

Rhaella and Daenerys Stormborn waited by the edge of the cliff on Dragonstone, the ships with the Dothraki and Tyrion, who insisted on going, had left a couple of hours ago. The two sisters knew on dragon's back they would get to the Reach in a matter of minutes, so they waited until the Khaleesi decided it was time for them to go.

"It is time," Dany told her sister who stared at the sea crashing on the side of the mountain.

The Targaryen sisters had decided to just take Drogon and Rhaegon, the other four dragons would stay and guard the island. Rhaella walked towards her red, who lowered his wing and neck for the princess to climb on his back, stepping on the dragon's wing he slowly raised it for the girl, when the princess was leveled with the Rhaegon's neck she threw her leg across his scaly back and sat on it.

Rhaegon and Drogon both let out loud roars before they spread their wings and took flight. Before they were too high Rhaella saw Jon's face by the steps that took him to Stone Drum, and she could have sworn she saw a look of amazement in Jon's face, which made her smile.
     In the sky the two dragon's flew above the clouds, so no one could see them coming. Daenerys let Rhaella and Rhaegon lead, knowing her sister had already been to the Reach. Everytime Rhaella Targaryen mounted on dragon back it made her more convinced that this was where she belonged, there was nothing else she enjoyed more than the wind in her hair, the heat coming from her red's scaly back and the freedom that came with flying.

Rhaella had read somewhere that the connection between a dragon and it's rider was something almost sacred, that they could feel each other no matter how far they were apart, and that dragons could feel when their riders were in distress or even feel when they had died. All of her life the princess had wondered if all of those words she had read held any truth to them, but after the birth of her dragon the girl realized that it was much more than that. It was like she and her dragons were one, as if their souls were one, they understood each other, her dragons knew when she needed them and the princess knew when they needed her, and like now, they always knew where their rider needed to go.

As they got closer Drogon started descending, Rhaegon flew faster and once he was far enough, the dragon turned around and started descending. When they were finally below the clouds the princess could see and hear the Dothraki horde coming riding towards them, screaming louder and louder as they approached the Lannister army. Drogon let out a very loud roar and so did Rhaegon, which made half of the army turn around to face the second dragon which flew behind them.

When Rhaella was close enough she knew it was time, the princess couldn't hear her sister but she was sure Rhageon could, because the two dragons breathed fire on the Lannister, Dany on the front and Rhaella on the rear, and ever from the sky the silver girl could hear the screams coming from the burning man.