mēre

The lost dragon

"Viserys is planning on marrying me off to some dothraki lord, I think his name is Drogo, he said this lord will give him an army if he decides to marry me

"Viserys is planning on marrying me off to some dothraki lord, I think his name is Drogo, he said this lord will give him an army if he decides to marry me. I don't want to marry him, sister, I just want to go home to meet you, to be with you.

I hope I'm not married by the time this letter reached you,

Love,

Dany."

Rhaella sat outside reading her sister's letter, she was watching Bran practice archery before the letter arrived. The girl had neither talent or interest in the art, but she would much rather be outside than stitching with Sansa and Arya inside.

Her siblings, Daenerys and Viserys, always sent their letters in Robb's name, after all people thought she was an orphan wildling, why would she receive letters from across the sea? The people of Winterfell thought Robb Stark had a lover from across the sea, they never suspected that those letters were in fact for the youngest Targaryen, who lived hidden in the North. The letters the siblings exchanged were always in high valyrian, so even if the letter was intercepted no one would be able to understand it.

Turning her attention back to the Stark boys she saw Bran missing the target once again, and his brothers laughing at him.

"And which one of you was a marksman at 10?" Lord Eddard Stark asked from a balcony. "Keep practicing, Bran," the man said.

Both Robb and Jon gave Bran instructions to help him, but before Bran could let his arrow loose, Arya shot an arrow from behind them and hit bullseye. Rhaella smiled and cheered at her friend, while Bran chased after her and his brother's laughed.

Rhaella looked back at Robb and Jon, she loved them very much. Robb was the brother she never had, the brother Viserys could never be, she thought to herself, she adored the oldest Stark, and he was by far her favorite. They understood each other, and even though she wasn't his blood, she was Robb's favorite too. She considered Jon a brother too, he was always there for her, both of them were hated by Catelyn Stark, so they understood each other. Both boys knew who Rhaella really was, a Targaryen.

Lady Catelyn Stark hated Rhaella, she thought the girl was a risk to her own family, and she hated how her husband risked his family to save her. The Lady did think she was an innocent baby that didn't deserve to die, but that didn't mean she wasn't a threat to her family's safety.

The younger ones, Bran and Rickon liked her, they didn't know who she really was, but they loved how she always played with them and never did anything a proper lady would, they liked how wild she looked.

The Stark sisters were another story; they didn't know who she really was, but Rhaella thought they suspected it, they were really smart. Arya, like the younger ones, loved everything about her, especially that she didn't act like a lady, she considered the Targaryen girl her closest friend. Now Sansa, on the other hand, disliked her for all the reason her younger siblings loved her, she thought it was terrible for a young girl to run wild like Rhaella did, and her hair was always down, which Sansa found awful. But what Sansa disliked the most about the girl was that her older brother Robb seemed to like the girl more than he liked any of his own siblings.

Jon and Robb were putting the arrows back when Sir Rodrik Cassel called both boys, they needed to meet their father, he was to deal with a deserter.

Rhaella started walking back to the castle, trying to find something to do, when Arya approached her. "Bran is going with them, what do you think they are doing?" Arya asked her.

"I heard it's a deserter from the Night's Watch," Rhaella said.

"Do you think father will have to kill him?" Arya asked again.

"Well, I suppose, it's the law isn't it" the blonde said. "I wonder what made him leave the Night's Watch."

"Do you think it was the White Walkers, Rhae?" Arya asked, knowing the other girl had no answer. Rhae that's how the northerners called them, they thought that was her real name, and she hated it, she hated the name and everything that came with it.

"I don't know, maybe," Rhaella said, watching the boys disappear in the horizon.

The girls talked until Arya had to go back to her stitching lesson, and Rhaella decided to help around the castle until the boys got back. After an hour or so Ned Stark and his sons were back and when Rhaella went to greet them she saw they had something on their hands.

"Wolves?" She asked Jon.

"Direwolves," the boy said, handing her his very white wolf. "This one is mine, hold him" and she took the pup into her arms. The girl was amazed by the pups, she had never seen a wolf, let alone a direwolf.

"Do you know what you will name him?" She asked.

The boy looked at her and simply said "Ghost."

They started walking back to the castle, Rhaella was now holding Ghost and Robb's wolf, which he had not named yet. Robb and Jon were walking in front of her, carrying the other wolves to give to their siblings, while Theon Greyjoy walked beside her.

"Can you imagine if we had the animals that are the sigil of our houses?" Theon asked her with a smirk. The Greyjoy boy had found out who she really was when he saw her dying her hair one night, but he promised he would never tell, and he never did.

Rhaella smiled and said "You? With a kraken?" She laughed "no one would ever be able to sail again." Dragons, she thought, she had dreamt of them, in one of her dreams she had three of them, the dragon had three heads, that was always on her mind, but unfortunately for her those dragon dreams weren't one of her 'real dreams' as she called them.

Rhaella had prophetic dreams, like Daenys the Dreamer did, but she had never dreamed of anything important, and sometimes she would also dream of things that were happening far away, like when she dreamed her siblings had moved to Pentos, and that's when she finally decided to send them a raven, telling them she was alive.

Robb turned around to look at her and said "I forgot to ask, what was in the letter earlier? Was it from...?" He asked nervously, wanting to know if it was from Viserys. The truth is, none of the boys liked her brother, the reason for this was that in one of the first letters he had sent her he wrote that when she got older she was to meet the across to sea, or Kingslanding depending if he had taken it back already or not, and she was to marry her, seeing she was a girl and he would have probably married Dany off for an alliance. Neither the Stark boys nor Theon Greyjoy liked that very much, but they didn't have a say in it, but Rhaella didn't like it either.

"No, it was from Dany, I think she will get married" the girl explained, and the boys were relieved.

When they arrived at the castle Lord Stark went to clean his sword and Jon and Robb went to give their siblings the wolves, while Rhaella kept their wolves company. She played with the wolves when she heard someone approach her, looking up she saw Ned Stark, clearly wanting to talk to her.

"We just got a raven," the man said, getting closer to her, "the king is coming to Winterfell."

...

Author's Note:

Oh my god I'm so excited for this story, I have had this idea in my mind since I started watching Game of Thrones. Please let me know what you guys think of the story and where I can improve. Also anything that is in Valyrian in this book will be italicized because obviously I can't speak in Valyrian, so you guys will be able to tell when they are speaking Valyrian, for example all the letters between Rhaella and her siblings will be in Valyrian, so they will all be italicized. Also the title are number in Valyrian because I'm extra.