izula

A feast for kings

     "So you never go exploring the ruins?" Rhaella asked the siblings, while she kneaded her bread dough

     "Mother says we can't. She says we cannot touch things that aren't ours," Gaemon said, placing firewood down.

     "That is nonsense, you were born here. You are more Valyrian than I am! Just because you do not have pale skin, silver hair, and purple eyes does not mean you are not Valyrians," Rhaella said looking at the siblings.

     "That does not mean we don't run away from time to time," Sears said, with a smirk on her face, ignoring what Rhaella had just said.

     "We haven't explored the ruins so much. But Saera and I do know our way to a small fishing village on the other coast. It is the closest living town from here, but it is still a day's worth of rowing," the boy told her. The princess had seen the boat their family owned, it was a very small boat with only a pair of oars.

     "Oh Rhaella, you should come one day, hopefully I can introduce you to Jeyne," Saera said, to which Rhaella looked confused, she had never heard the siblings speak of a Jeyne. "Jeyne is the daughter of a fisherman. She had lips sweeter than honey," the girl said, looking at the horizon as if thinking of her Jeyne. Rhaella on the other hand looked the other way, into the ruined city she was so curious about.

     "We can go some day," Gaemon whispered towards the girl, whose smile almost blinded the dark skinned boy.

     In the last couple of days Rhaella thought of how she had never been in this position before, having to make and hunt her own food, worrying if she would have anything to eat. Even when she lived in Winterfell, and pretended to be a windling from Beyond the Wall, she still had warm food cooked for her and clothes always laid on her bed.

     Things were harder in the last couple of days, Daenora has been sick, and she was the best hunter of the small group, so all they had to eat was Rhaellas bread, some plants Gaemon found, and small fish that Saera was able to catch. Rhaella and Gaemon had been trying to plant seeds by the river bed, the boy said he read a book that said the river bed in Valyria was very fertile, but somehow his family was never able to plant anything, Daenora said that it was because they would always be strangers in that place.

     After baking her bread the youngest Targaryen sat down while Saera braided her hair. The silver haired girl had not braided her entire hair since she stopped dying it, she liked to let her silver hair loose, but even with her hair on her shoulders now it still got in her way, so she let Seara braid it for her.

     The short haired girl quickly finished the two simple braids in Rhaella's hair, and got up to grab her spear to go fish again. When the girl touched her spear Gaemon groaned loudly, making the two girls look at him.

     "I know food is food, but I cannot eat fish for another day," Gaemon said.

     "Well, there is barely anything to hunt here, and even if there was, none of us are skilled hunters," Saera gave her brother a look and went back to the river.

     After hours Saera was tired and frustrated, the girl said it would not be a good day for fishing and that was proven correct when she came back with her hands empty. Right after Saera came back Daenora walked out of their shack with furs wrapped around herself.

     "Are you still cold?" The young princess asked, placing her hands on the older woman's cheek, and she could feel how hot the woman felt.

     "I am fine," the stubborn woman said, making the three friends look back at each other. They were worried, she was still running a fever and they knew they needed red meat to make her feel better. She turned towards Saera and said, "you need to teach this girl how to fight," pointing at Rhaella.

     "I do not think this is a good idea," the Targaryen said, but she was ignored by the older woman.

     Gaemon started making a soup for them, hoping to make his mother feel better. When he was finished he started serving the woman when a very loud roar was heard throughout the ruins, Rhaella could not see him, for he was as red as the Valyrian sky, but his roar was home for the young Targaryen girl.

     The four Valyrians looked up to the night sky, trying to see the creature whose roar belonged to, but they could not find him. Moments later another roar was heard, much closer this time, but to their surprise a large goat's body was dropped right in front of the four, the smell of roasted meat filling their noses, making them gasp in surprise. While the other three's attention was focused on the goat, Rhaella's attention was on the large red dragon that had just landed on the roof of the small shack, he was almost too big to land on the small courtyard in front of the house.

     The small family looked apprehensive at the dragon and back at the meat, they were starving and the meat smelled delicious. One look at the Rhaegon and Rhaella knew he had brought that for them, so she looked at Daenora and said, "go on."

     Gaemon and Saera looked unsure, but Daenore rushed towards the goat, cutting a piece of the cooked meat with her knife and eating it quickly. The siblings relaxed when they looked at the dragon again, who was now laying down on top of the house, with half of his large body on the ruins behind it, and the sight made the two siblings rush towards the goat as well and cut themselves pieces of meat.

     Rhaella heard their moans while eating the meat but before she cut a piece for herself, she walked towards the dragon, who seeing that had lowered his head from the roof.

     The girl touched Rhaegon's snout gently, she got closer and touched his snout with her nose, staring inside of his big violet eyes. "Thank you," she said softly, and she knew he understood her.

Author's note:

Hi guys, I really hope you guys are enjoying this story! I'm sorry updates are taking longer now, my life is just a mess right now. But I really want to thank you guys for the 26k reads on this story, it means so much to me, you guys are the best!

Also, you you guys be interested in a story about Hawk or Robby Keene from Cobra Kai? I'm obsessed with the show and with Johnny Lawrence.