hāre

The Wolf and the Kraken

     After another excruciating day of riding the three were just past Ashford, and Rhaella and decided to send a raven to Robb

     After another excruciating day of riding the three were just past Ashford, and Rhaella and decided to send a raven to Robb. Ser Barristan had brought up earlier that day that rumors about what happened might have reached Robb, and if that did happened, they probably thought she was dead. And it hurt Rhaella that Robb and Theon might think that she is dead, especially after what happened to Lord Stark.

     So when the companions settled in their temporary camp Jory went to find, and by that Rhaella was sure he meant steal, a raven. After a few hours the Bolton boy came back with a raven, parchment and ink for the girl, and she started writing.

"Dear Theon,

I don't know if you have heard, or not but I just wanted to let you and Robb know that I'm alright. A man set fire to the Inn we were staying a couple of nights ago, Jory wasn't inside, but Ben and Aden were and unfortunately they didn't survive.

But the most wonderful thing happened that night, I was there, sleeping when everything got hot and I woke up surrounded by fire. At first I looked for a way out, but then I looked at my eggs, and they were hatching, that is when I knew I had to stay with them, so I sat on the floor hugging the eggs and let the flames consume the room, my clothes, and everything around me.

As the fire consumed the room and even myself I felt an unusual warmth feeling inside, it was like I belonged there, like the flames were my home, it was like the fire was mine.

Jory found me the next morning, and he was with Ser Barristan Selmy, and now the three of us are on our way to my sister. Well, us and Rhaegon, Aegon, and Rhaenya, that is what I named them, and I promise that if I ever hatch more I will name one after you.

I hope this letter reaches you in no time so you can rest easy knowing I'm alive and well. I miss you dearly, and I can't wait to see you again, and to introduce you to them.

Love,

Rhaella."

     After Rhaella finished writing Theon the letter she tied it to the raven and sent it on it's way, she wanted it to reach Theon as soon as possible. And while she did that Ser Barristan and Jory prepared their supper, but they wouldn't dare touch the meat that was meant for the dragons, that was for Rhaella's hands only.

     When the Targaryen girl came back she didn't put the meat in the fire, she just laid it in front of her dragons.

     "What are you doing?" Jory asked curiously.

     "They have to learn how to feed themselves," she explained.

     "Don't you think they are a bit young, Princess?" Ser Barristan asked.

     "We will find out," and she smiled at him.

     The girl turned back to her dragons, who looked back at her as if she was the most interesting thing they have ever seen, and when the girl lowered herself to their level they moved towards her, excited to get her attention.

     Rhaella looked Rhaenya in the eyes and said "dracarys," and the dragon tried to spit fire in the meat. Nothing came out, only smoke, but Rhaella was still very happy and proud, Rhaenya understood her, and by the smell she could swear fire almost came out of the purple dragon's mouth.

     "Don't worry little one, you will be ready soon," the girl told the dragon who leaned her head against Rhaella cheek.

     "What does it mean?" Jory asked, making the youngest Targaryen turn to him.

     "What does what mean?" she asked.

     "Dracarys, or however you say it," he said, making Rhaella and Ser Barristan laugh.

     "It means Dragon Fire in high valyrian," the girl said, and turned to her companions completely, "and hopefully one day they will breathe fire when I say it."

     "You are on the right track, Princess," the old knight told her, making her smile.

     The girl had started to roast the meat for the dragons, and when the meat was ready the girl took it out of the fire and fed it to them. That still impressed Ser Barristan and Jory, that fire didn't harm the girl, but they were also glad, because otherwise she wouldn't be with them anymore.

     "I was thinking," Ser Barristan started, "I know we talked about taking a boat in Ghost Hill, as far away from King's Landing, but as this war presses on I think we should get out of Westeros as soon as we can. So I say we take a boat in the harbor near the castle of Ghost Hill, and it is also a smaller harbor, less people to see us," he finished.

     Rhaella just nodded and Jory said, "I agree, no one would expect us to be in a ship harbor in Wyl. And I say there, we take the smallest boat we can, less eyes on us and the dragons while at sea," and both Rhaella and Ser Barristan agreed.

     Before going to sleep Rhaella looked at her dragons, she got more amazed each day, for other people they were just beasts, but for Rhaella they were pure magic. The girl could tell the little difference between each dragon's personality. Aegon, her green one, he was the calmer of the three, he loved to be as close as he could to Rhaella, and he was the only one who got close to Ser Barristan and Jory. The other two, Rhaegon and Rhaenya didn't really like people, other than Rhaella. Rhaenya had more of a free spirit, she was very adventurous, always jumping up and down, she was also the loudest of the three, always hissing and roaring, well, as much as a roar as a hatchling could. Rhaegon was the quietest, Rhaella called him the protector, he liked to be close to the girl, but he never let any of the dragons, or even Ser Barristan and Jory, out of his sight, and he was definitely the first one to hiss when an unknown person would come close to their party.

     When Rhaella finally laid down her dragons curled up by her and they all went to sleep, and that night Rhaella dreamt. A short but a real dream, she just didn't know it yet.

...

Rhaella was flying

She saw land and sea. In land, a snowstorm as she had never seen, where wolves howled, but she could not see her. At sea, it was like the sea was mad, a raging storm attacking the parts of the land it could touch.

And that is when she saw it, in land, near to where the sea touched land. A gray wolf, howling, at first she thought it was an angry howl, but when she listened carefully she could hear the pain in the howl. It was almost like the wolf had lost something, or someone, for some reason Rhaella thought of betrayal. Maybe a wolf in it's pack left him.

But when the girl looked again she saw a kraken at sea, and from what she could see, it was angry, it was crushing rocks and ships, anything it could get its tentacles on. But the creature looked more angry at itself, it would hit itself once or twice in its fury, and Rhaella could not understand why.

Before Rhaella could think anymore to why those creatures were so upset she landed, on a sunny place, far from the storms, and she slept.

Author's note:
*wink* you guys know what that dream means right? Also, this part will probably be a little shorter because it is Rhaella's journey to Daenerys.