jēnqa

A gift for the wise master

     Rhaella Targaryen sat down by her sister's side, by Dany's insistence, with Drogon, Rhaegon and Viserion by their side

     Rhaella Targaryen sat down by her sister's side, by Dany's insistence, with Drogon, Rhaegon and Viserion by their side. The two knights stood next to them and Missandei was by the tents entrance. They all heard drums and marching, and that is when Rhaella saw it, soldiers marching and slaves carrying a litter, where the slave master sat, and slaves behind them carrying chests. The sight made the youngest Targaryen angry.

     The man got out of the litter and started walking towards the Khaleesi and her sister. "Now comes the noble Razdal mo Eraz of that ancient and honourable house, Master of Men and Speaker to Savages, to offer terms of peace," Missandei presented the man, who kept walking towards the sisters. The master only stopped when the dragons screeched towards him.

     "Noble lord, you are in the presence of Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons. And her sister Rhaella of House Targaryen, the third of her name, Princess of Dragonstone, and Breaker of Chains," Missandei presented the Targaryen sisters.

     "You may approach. Sit," Dany told the man, with a smug smile on her face. The master looked unsure of what to do, trying to hide how afraid he was, but he sat down on the chair one of the Dothraki put down for him.

     "Will the noble lord take refreshment?" Missandei asked, approaching the man with a chalice and a jug of wine, and the man nodded silently.

     "Ancient and glorious is Yunkai. Our empire was old before dragons stirred in old Valyria. Many an army has broken against our walls.," the master started saying, and as he did Rhaella turned to her side and grabbed a big piece of meat. "You shall find no easy conquest here, Khaleesi," he continued, and the youngest Targaryen threw the piece of meat in the direction of the dragons, who flew and fought for the piece of meat, frightening the master even more.

     "Good. My Unsullied need practice, I was told to blood them early," the Khaleesi told him, still with a smug look on her face.

     "If blood is your desire, blood shall flow. But why? 'Tis true you have committed savageries in Astapor, but the Yunkai are a forgiving and generous people," the Master Razdal said and clapped his hands. Two sets of slaves approached holding chests, "the wise masters of Yunkai have sent a gift for the Silver Queen and her sister," the slaves opened the chests and there it was, tons of gold blocks. The sight made Rhaella smirk, but she soon stopped when she saw the slaves kneeling by the masters side. "There is far more than this awaiting you on the deck of your ship," the master finished.

     "Our ship?" Dany asked, almost in a mocking tone.

     "Yes, Khaleesi," now the slaver had a smug smirk on his face. "As I said, we are a generous people. You and your sister shall have as many ships as you require," he finished.

     "And what do you ask in return? No one is this generous," Rhaella joined the conversation, also with a smirk on her face.

     All we ask is that you make use of these ships. Sail them back to Westeros where you belong, and leave us to conduct our affairs in peace," the master answered, and Dany's eyes went to the slaves, who were still kneeling, and shaking, afraid of their master.

     "By your affairs you mean stealing little children and enslaving them?" Rhaella asked again. The man opened his mouth to speak but the Princess interrupted him again, "or is the murdering of people who defy you and your power?" She added, with a very sarcastic tone in her voice.

     "I have a gift for you as well. Your life," Dany said simply.

     "My life?" The master asked confused.

     "And the lives of your wise masters," the Queen continued. "But I also want something in return. You will release every slave in Yunkai. Every man, woman, and child shall be given as much food, clothing, and property as they can carry as payment for their years of servitude. Reject this gift, and we shall show you no mercy," she continued.

     "You two are mad," the master exclaimed.

     "Well, if you truly think we are mad you shouldn't talk to us like that," Rhaella said, smirking.

     "We are not Astapor or Qarth. We are Yunkai, and we have powerful friends. Friends who would take great pleasure in destroying you. Those who survive, we shall enslave once more.

     Perhaps we'll make a slave of you as well," the man said getting up abruptly, making Drogon screech at him, and making Rhaegal, Rhaenya and Aegon fly inside of the tent and put themselves between the master and the sisters, surprising the man who thought there were only three dragons. "You swore me safe conduct," he said, clearly afraid.

     "I did," Dany said, and turned to look at Drogon, smirking, "but my dragons made no promises. And you threatened their mother."

     "Take the gold," the master exclaimed. The slaves went to pick up the chests but Drogon screeched and jumped on top of one of the chests, making the slaves stumble away.

     "Our gold. You gave it to us, remember?" Rhaella asked him, smirking.

     "And we shall put it to good use," Dany said. "You'd be wise to do the same with my gift to you. Now get out," the Queen told the master, who walked away saying something in Valyrian.

     "The Yunkish are a proud people. They will not bend," Ser Barristan told the two Targaryens

     "And what happens to things that don't bend?" Dany asked, making the knights chuckle. "He said he had powerful friends. Who was he talking about?" She asked both men.

     "I don't know," Ser Jorah said

     "Find out," Dany said simply, making the knight walk away.

     Drogon jumped on the couch they were sitting and laid his head on Dany's lap, and he started petting his head, pleasing the dragon.

     "I want my own chair," Rhaella said, making Daenerys and Missandei turn her head towards her. "I don't like the responsibility that comes with this one," she said, pointing to where her and her sister were sitting, making the two girls laugh.

     "If you don't mind me asking Princess, don't you want to be queen one day?" Missandei asked, surprising Dany and Rhaella. It made the latter smile, she was happy that the dark skinned girl was starting to feel more comfortable around her and her sister.

     "Gods no, I hate everything about it. The politics, dealing with high lords, sitting around, trying to please everyone, maintaining the power. I don't want to sit somewhere for the rest of my life," Rhaella told the two girls, and as she did Aegon jumped behind her and laid his head on her shoulder, making her pet him. "I want to fly, explore the world, maybe rebuild Valyria one day," the girl said looking at her Green.

Author's note:

Hi guys, sorry this update took a while, I work in the food industry and Thanksgiving week is crazy for us.

Also, just in case you guys don't know, because I googled it, a litter is the thing that the slaves carried the slave master in. And I'm trying to get more chapters where you get to know more of Rhaella and her relationships, and also building her relationship with Dany and the other around her. So I will have more of those instead of the chapter only following what happens in the episodes. I hope you guys enjoy!

And go check out my new Ron Weasley story!