tōma

The broken boy

"Dear Dany,

I dreamed of dragons again last night, I had three of them, they were almost as big as Balerion himself, they had my eyes. Do you think that means anything?

How are you and Viserys? And how is your marriage? I hope you are happier dear sister.

Love,

Rhaella."

     Rhaella had just tied her letter to her sister on a raven and now she watched as it flew away, and when she couldn't see the raven anymore she walked back to the castle, ready to get her next task done. The girl walked to the library, where she would most likely find Maester Luwin. She walked inside and saw the old man getting some books out.

     "Hello Maester Luwin," the girl said.

     "Hello Rhae" the man said, he noticed the girl was still in the same place, so he turned to her "do you need anything?"

     "I do," the girl said. "Do you know how to speak Dothraki Maester?" She asked.

     "Dothraki?" the man asked surprised. "No, Dothraki is a language of savage people. Why do you ask?" The man looked at her carefully.

     "My sister is married to a Khal now, so I thought I would learn. I thought that would bring me closer to her, " she explained.

     "I'm sorry Rhae" the old man told her, he felt bad for her.

     "It's alright, I didn't think you knew Dothraki, but I had to ask" Rhaella said and began to walk away.

     After walking around Winterfell for hours Rhaella found herself sitting on her bed, staring at her dragon eggs. Rhaella felt lost for some reason, despite never liking the North she never felt lost, but now she felt like she didn't belong, it was a weird feeling for the girl and she didn't know what to make of it. Ever since she got the dragon eggs she felt like her purpose was elsewhere, she felt like she belonged somewhere else, and not even Robb or Theon could change her heart.

     The girl was so distracted looking at the eggs she didn't hear Theon walking in the room, she only saw him when he sat down by her side. "Are you alright?" he asked her, the boy could tell something was wrong with his friend.

     "I want to go home" she said, not looking at him, but still looking at the eggs.

     The Greyjoy boy looked surprised, so he held her hand and told her "what are you talking about? You are home."

     Rhaella gave him a small smile and squeezed his hand, "I'm not Theon. You and Robb make me feel at home, but Winterfell isn't my home. You are a boy, you found your place here, but they don't even know who I am! I have to hide myself!" she told him, getting upset. "But the worst part is, I don't even know where home is, I'm so lost, and it's killing me."

     Theon wasn't very good with words, and he was at a loss for words with her friend's revelation, he didn't know what to do, so he did all he could, he hugged his friend. The two friends hugged for a long time, until the Greyjoy boy pulled away and caressed Rhaella cheek. "I'm sorry you feel like that, but I will alway be here for you" he told the girl.

     "Thank you Theon" she said and hugged him again.

...

"Dear sister,

My marriage is great, and I have great news, I'm with child, I just found out and you are the first person I wanted to tell.

I know I just found out, but I have a feeling it is going to be a boy, and if I am right I will name him Rhaego.

With love,

Dany."

     Rhaella was ecstatic when she read the note, she was going to be an aunt. But that note made her want to go where Daenerys was even more, her family was growing and she wanted to be there with them. After getting the raven the girl went back to her duties, when she wasn't with Robb she usually helped Maester Luwin and some of the healers in Winterfell, surprisingly she liked that a lot, and a lot of people got hurt in Winterfell.

     "Could you go tend to Bran now?" Maester Luwin asked the girl, "go see if he needs anything."

     "Of course Maester" the Targaryen girl told the man. The truth is, the girl didn't feel comfortable around Bran anymore, she understood why Bran was the way he was now, he would never be a knight like he wanted too. But he was not only sad or angry, something inside of him had changed, Rhaella could feel it and she didn't like it at all. For the girl it was like something dark was now growing inside of Bran.

     Rhaella Targaryen walked slowly towards Bran's room, hoping today would be different and the boy would be brighter, in any way. When she got there she knocked on the door and opened it, when she walked inside she saw Bran's laying on the bed staring at the ceiling and Old Nan talked his ears away.

     "Hello Bran," she sat on the bed petting Summer. "How are you feeling today Bran?" She asked.

     The boy never took his eyes out of the ceiling and he answered "I feel like always, I still can't walk."

     "I know Bran and I'm sorry. I know hearing it won't make you feel better but at least you are alive" she told the boy, going to grab his hand, but the boy swiftly moved his hand away.

     "I would rather be dead" he said coldly.

     The Targaryen girl looked at him almost surprised, "don't say that Bran, I know you are upset, but you can still do a lot."

     "I can't walk, I can't ride, I can't use a bowl anymore, I have nothing to live for" the younger Stark told her.

     The silver haired girl gave him the coldest glare she could and said "you have your family that loves you, which is more than a lot of people" with that she got up harsly and walked away.

     Rhaella knew Bran was upset, but she still couldn't understand why he would say such a thing, he had a family, she thought, how could he wish he was dead. Before she could think more into Bran's attitude and maid of Winterfell told her Robb was looking for her.

     Rhaella felt bad for Robb, he was made Lord of Winterfell and he had no one to help him, he had Maester Luwin, herself, and Theon, but her and Theon knew nothing of ruling so they helped him with what they could.

     "You called me?" She asked, walking into the Great Hall.

     The boy looked at her and smiled "I need you help."

     "The noble Lord of Winterfell needs the help of a humble girl" the girl laughing.

     "I think you are a better leader than I am," the Stark boy told her.

     "I would run away before I became a leader of any kind" she laughed and sat by Robb. "What do you need?" She asked him.

     The boy showed her the maps, and plans, and numbers, and asked her opinion on all the matters he needed. Rhaella was the person Robb always went to for advice when ruling Winterfell, even though the girl hated the thought of ruling anything, she was good at it, Robb thought she was a natural born leader. So the two friends spent the day deciding the fate of the grains and people of Winterfell, it was a good they for the friends.