jēnqa

The battle of Winterfell 

     Rhaella Targaryen stood in the hill on the side of Winterfell, she could see the northerners and the Unsullied standing in front of the castle, while the were Dothraki behind the dragonglass spike walls, manning the walls of the castle, and a...

     Rhaella Targaryen stood in the hill on the side of Winterfell, she could see the northerners and the Unsullied standing in front of the castle, while the were Dothraki behind the dragonglass spike walls, manning the walls of the castle, and a fire was lit from the cliff and the other side of the castle, in front of the armies to protect them. She hadn't realized how deep the winter was until that day. It was barely after midday when the sun started setting, and now, just a couple of hours after that, it was completely dark, the girl could only see because of the fires that shone bright in the castle.

     The princess stood on the hill, waiting for her sister, who had stayed behind to speak with Jon, and at every minute that passed, she worried something had happened with her sister, who was still feeling sick.

     Soon enough, she saw Dany's figure on the horizon, walking towards her and their dragons. Rhaella quickly frowned when she saw her sister's expression, "is everything alright?" She asked worriedly.

     "Yes, I will tell you once this is all over," Daenerys said, not looking at her sister. And the bad feeling she had in her heart had gotten worse.

     "Dany! You can't just say that. We don't even know if we will survive," the princess pointed out, and Daenerys turned to her, with an angry look on her face, and

slapped her arm.

     "Don't you dare say something like that," the Queen pointed at her sister.

     The princess scoffed, looking at the armies under them. "I heard Rhaegar in my dream last night," she got her sister's attention, "it sounds stupid, I don't know the sound of Rhaegar's voice. But I just knew, I just knew it was him."

     "What is a real dream, a vision?" Daenerys asked, and her sister nodded, but the Queen could help but notice the somber look in her sister's face. "What did he say?" She asked, curiously.

     "The dragon must have three heads," she repeated her brother's words.

     The sisters stayed quiet for a while, until Dany decided to break the silence, "maybe the dragon does have three heads," she said, making Rhaella look at her, clearly confused. "Jon just told me that his brother had a vision of his birth. He was born of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen," hearing that made Rhaella's knees go weak, and she was sure she almost fell on her knees, "and his friend, Samwell Tarly, found a record of Rhaegar's marriage to Lyanna. Whether or not it was consensual we will never know. But his name is Jon Targaryen, named after a northerner king."

     Rhaella's mind was foggy, after everything she had seen in her vision and now this. Everything she knew and learned growing up was a lie. Jon, the boy who was her brother, Jon Snow, was her nephew.

     "What did Rhaegar do?" She asked herself. The princess heard how much of a great man her brother was, but she could not help but see him in a much darker light.