16.

"Himani, tune Sach mein aisa kiya?", Rashika asked. Everybody was way too shocked.

It wasn't like they were all innocent and hadn't been involved in any sort of controversies, but this, this was way too much.

Accusing somebody of copying their work and putting a ban on their career, this was something way too undigestive.

Himani sat there in horror because what she had done right now would completely ruin her and well, Ayaan too. And maybe after this, Ayaan wouldn't want to marry her after all.

But now, she had lost Asin as well. She might have no career or fiance or even a Love interest when she comes out and this was irking her up to no end.

She wanted to kill Shehnaaz right now because if she hadn't said that thing about second hand things, Himani wouldn't have said all that.

For 2 years, Himani had made Shehnaaz's life miserable and now it was all coming back. Indeed, what goes around comes around, is true and Himani was experiencing it.

She didn't even want to think what would happen when she comes out of the house. Her parents, they both didn't know about this.

How would they feel when they come to know that their daughter plagiarised somebody's work? Probably the same way that Shehnaaz's parents felt.

Himani smirked thinking about Shehnaaz's parents. They didn't even trust their own daughter, this meant that Shehnaaz was still as pityful as she was earlier.

What sort of trust was there between the family? None. "Himani, kuch puch rahi hun", Rashika nudged.

"Huh? Right! Tum mujhe bol rahi ho ye sab? Tumne Sidharth ka career kharaab nhi kiya? You sabotaged his career and I sabotaged Shehnaaz's! Kuch different nhi hai", Himani scoffed.

She was right, Rashika knew it! Shehnaaz laid wordlessly on Sidharth's shoulder, not even making any attempt to get up.

This feeling, of finally being proven innocent, after 2 years of despair, was indeed overwhelming.

Sidharth hadn't experienced it but he definitely knew what he felt when Rashika was evicted instead of him. At that time, he knew that he had been accepted by the public and it felt great.

Shehnaaz was probably feeling the same way. She had told Sidharth how she had remained hidden in some corner of her mansion of a house, in order to avoid people.

The only times she came out was when she had to go to her office. "Sab theek ho gya ab! Mein BB mein isiliye hi aayi thi", she spoke softly, almost inaudibly.

"Strange! Mein bhi andar isiliye hi aaya tha, to prove myself right!", Sidharth said as he sat comfortably on the couch.

Shehnaaz smiled, "But we got more than we both wanted!".

"Huh?", he couldn't understand.

"Tera pta nhi, but I never had a best friend and now, now I have you. So, I got more than what I came for!", Shehnaaz said.

Sidharth felt something move inside him. He didn't know whether he should be happy or he should be sad.

Because on one hand Shehnaaz had told him, just a few seconds ago, how important he was in her life. She had told him that he was her first and nearest friend and this indeed was some achievement.

This meant that she trusted him finally. But on the other hand, she had just called him her 'Best Friend', this meant that she felt nothing more. But he did!

He felt a lot of things for her, things that he didn't even know how to explain or give title to. He was so clueless about his feelings for her but he couldn't be 'just friends' with her.