28.

Jab dur hote hain toh Kehne ke liye kitni baatein hoti hain, par jab Saamne aate hain toh khamoshiyan hi zubaan ban jaati hain!

Shehnaaz and papa sat beside each other in the bedroom area, not knowing what to say, how to say and when to say. It seemed so strange.

It was her own father whom she was meeting after 7 years, but she had nothing to say to him. She remembered the time when she went home after 2 years, at the age of 20.

Shehnaaz couldn't contact her parents until she was successful and on her own feet. Shehnaaz had left a letter when she had run away right on her 18th birthday.

It seemed as if she was just waiting to turn into an adult legally, so that she can leave her home. Now, after 2 years she was back again, with a big wide smile and nervousness.

She desperately hoped that her parents accept her this time. Belonging to an orthodox family was difficult and being a girl meant adding another difficulty level to your life.

Her father had told her that she wouldn't succeed in this field, basically, he had challanged her. That day itself, she had taken it upon herself to prove herself.

It was not an act of rebel. She was just trying to prove that being a model or an actress wasn't shameful, it was a matter to be proud of.

After 2 years, she had everything and maybe that was the sole reason that she had the courage to return.

Living 2 years without being in contact with your parents might seem something impossible to do, but it was quite easy for Shehnaaz.

She had been living without them since she was 10, she knew how to survive without a her mother's lap and her father's hand on her head.

Shehnaaz had stood outside the door of her house, tapping her feet after ringing the doorbell for the second time.

Shehnaaz was getting impatient know, she was about to ring the bell again when the door opened. In front of her, stood her daadi.

She was the most sweetest person on the earth, Shehnaaz could swear. Although, she was so old, she had stood by Shehnaaz when she told her parents about her dreams about becoming an actress.

She was not at all bothered about her grand daughter becoming what she wanted to become. Her daadi was the second person in the house who had supported her.

Shehnaaz's daadu had also taken her side, he couldn't dare to defy his wife. "Daadi", Shehnaaz whispered. Daadi stood there, all numb, with teary eyes.

She was meeting her beloved grand daughter after 2 whole years. "Sana!", he daadi cried as she pulled her in for a hug.

"Tenu meri ik Vaari bi yaad ni aayi?", daadi asked as she embraced her.

"Aayi naa daadi", Shehnaaz said.

"Milne bhi nhi aayi ek baar. Agar mein Marr jati...", daadi said.

"Kuch nhi hota daadi aapko. Aap itni jaldi parlok nhi sidharoge", Shehnaaz joked, earning a smack from daadi.

"Tu tan kade vi nhi sudharna", she said as Shehnaaz giggled.

"Ik Vaari bhi milan ni aayi?", she asked again, getting sad.

"Daadi ghar se nikli thi kuch banne, jab tak apne pairon pe khade nhi ho jati, kaise aati Waapas. Itni chaudd mein gyi thi, toh Waapas bhi tabhi aati naa jab kuch ban jati", she said.

Daadi smiled as patted her head. "Chal andarr aaja!", daadi said. As soon as Shehnaaz took a step inside the house, her father stopped her.

"Ye ladki iss ghar ke andar nhi aayegi", papa said.