69.

Shehnaaz kept on looking straight as Sidharth drove, sneaking glances at her occasionally. She was so lost that she hadn't realised where they both were headed to.

Sidharth stopped the car and when ne noticed that Shehnaaz had made no movement, he himself came out and opened the door for her, making her get out of the car.

He pulled her along and made her climb the same hay stack that she had taken him to on the very first day of their arrival.

"Shehnaaz...", he softly called out to her and she started speaking as if she had been pulled out of the daze.

"I was just a child, jab mumma papa ne mujhe mama mami ke paas rehne bhej diya. I thought that I would be okay, since I wasn't that close with my parents as well.

But that was not true, even if your interaction with your parents is less, they are still someone you depend on, you still need them and I realised it later...

It had been an year since I had started staying with mama mami. Initially, it started with mami asking me for my clothes for her own daughter. My clothes used to be beautiful, princess like.

Aur mein araam se unhe apne kapde de bhi deti thi, meri cousin thi, I though she was my little sister so there shouldn't be any problem.

Par, wo kapde mujhe kabhi wapas nhi milte the. Obviously, I never asked mami or my cousin about them. I would think that it's alright.

Fir, papa ke paas toh time nhi hota tha toh woh kahan se mujhe kapde bhejenge. Par dadu dadi bohot kuch bhejte the and I never came to know about it kyunki mami ne kabhi nhi btaya.

I was still okay with it. Mujhe laga mumma papa paas nhi hain par mama mami toh hain. Since they treat me like a family, its okay if they want something from me.

I turned 14 that year aur mumma papa humesha ki tra fir Mera birthday bhul gye. I didn't mind it even a bit, I was used to it. That day was not just my birthday, it was the most horrifying day of my life...".

Shehnaaz wouldn't have imagined that something so cruel would happen to her in her own maternal grandmother's home.Perhaps it wouldn't have been like this if her grandparents were still alive.

It still sent shivers gown her spine when she got flashbacks of all the things that she suffered that night. It was terrifying...

The 14 year old Shehnaaz was just getting ready for bed when somebody knocked at her door. She frowned a bit thinking about who could it be.

Nobody had ever come to her room to call her or talk to her her ever. If they needed her for any house chores, they would simply tell our her name until she appeared.

Although the little Shehnaaz felt that something was amiss, she still opened her door. Naman was standing outside with a smirk on his face.

He was 16 that year and the most horrible teenager in Shehnaaz's eyes. Her frown deepened when she saw who was outside her room.

Without even thinking about anything else, she hurriedly tried closing her door at his face. She was clear, she didn't want to even look at him let alone talk to him.

But before she could close the door, a strong push which came from outside, made Shehnaaz stumble backwards. Fortunately she balanced herself with the help of the wooden table.

"Naman tu andar kyun aaya hai?", Shehnaaz asked, anger filling up inside her.

On the other hand, Naman just smirked and look at her. Even though he was just a 17 year old, anybody could see desire filling up his eyes.