40.

Shehnaaz was called inside the confession room the same day. She had no idea what was all of it about.

As soon as she entered the room, almost 34 people were seated with some documents in their hands. From what she knew they might be the creatives and the people from the channel.

"Hi Shehnaaz! Baithiye!", one of the elderly offered.

"Hi!", Shehnaaz said politely as she took the seat in the middle.

"We have something important to discuss with you!", the man said and Shehnaaz nodded.

"We have an offer for you!", the man said.

"Offer? I don't understand!", she replied.

"Well, hum ek new show launch kar re hain, 'Mujhse Shaadi Karoge?', is the name of the show", one of the creatives said.

"Yeah, okay! So?", she was still confused.

"Humne isse pehle Param ko bulaya tha and he is ready, now we need a woman too. We think you are perfect for the show!", the man said.

"Excuse me?", she asked them what was it about.

"It's like choosing a perfect man for yourself amongst 5 to 6 men! Reality show hai!", the man offered.

"Yeah, but that doesn't matter. Mein abhi shaadi ka soch nhi rahi hun!", she said.

"Uski tension aap mat lijiye. You don't have to marry in reality. Koi pasand aaye toh good, nhi aaye toh don't marry!", the man proposed.

"No sir, you don't understand. Actually, mujhe uss type ka show karna hi nhi hai. Its not my forte!", she said.

"Shehnaaz ji actors ke liye forte kya hota hai? Aap bass andarr jaiye, BB ki tra rahiye aur koi pasand aaye toh date kar lijiye", another man said.

It wasn't what the man has said but the way he said it in that made Shehnaaz cringe inwardly.

How disgusting of them to consider the fact that she could pretend inside just because she was an actor but wasn't she a human too?

Didn't she deserve a fair and square chance to choose whoever she wanted to and not just out of those to choices given to her?

Why would she pretend to have feeling for them, when she knew that she might not even be able to stand them at all.

"I don't want to do the show!", she said clearly.

"Payment is good Shehnaaz and it will make you popular! Aap time lijiye aur soch ke bataiye kal subha tak!", one of the creatives said.

Shehnaaz had no choice but to nod because she knew that they wouldn't take no for an answer especially right now

Tomorrow as soon as she is called, she would deny again and they all will have to understand because it was a question of her personal life after all.

But well she might even agree. She didn't have to marry or date if she didn't like any guy, that was a fair deal. And what about Sidharth? Wait...what about him?

Why was she even thinking about him right now? This is about her and about her life, where did Sidharth come from?

What relationship did he had with her that she needed to think about him before taking a decision?

Shehnaaz was in dilemma, because even though this show was a big problem, her caring about Sidharth's feelings was even a bigger one.

Did Sidharth even think about her like that to feel betrayed and upset if...if she chooses to take up the offer. Nobody could influence her decision because it was solely on her.