75.

Shehnaaz was in Mumbai while Sidharth was still overseas. He didn't call her even once after the big outburst and neither did she drop a text for him.

She was stuck on her ground of letting him contact her. And she only wanted that to happen when he, in her words, decided to take the 'Elephant Steps' in their relationship.

After the call ended, Shehnaaz reflected on herself, thinking about whether it was too much but then instantly shook her head.

It had been 3 years since they were in a relationship, isn't it the right time to get married? Was she being paranoid?

Shehnaaz sighed as she threw herself on her soft fluffy bed. It smelled of Sidharth which subconsciously made Shehnaaz's lips tug into a beautiful tiny smile, barely visible.

As much as she missed him, this time she had to push him to do. With this thought in her mind, Shehnaaz drifted in a comfortable slumber.

While she slept, Sidharth sneaked in. So, he was back in India, but how couldn't he? It was 19th November this Friday and he really couldn't focus on his business overseas because he kept thinking about his proposal.

As he saw her sleeping like a curled up ball, he smiled and sighed at the same time. Gingerly, he picked her up and laid her down in a comfortable position before he gently covered her with the blanket in a way that neither of her skin was exposed except her face.

Sidharth noticed how cold the room was and frowned as he adjusted the AC's temperature. Shehnaaz had always been afraid of cold, it seemed like she had too much on her mind to care about the room temperature.

He smiled softly again as a though popped up in his mind, was she so absent minded because of him? Was she still thinking about their relationship when she fell asleep?

Sidharth sat by her bedside as he looked at her pale fingers which were now outside the blanket, a tiny frown on her face as she tossed and turned in her sleep, much to the amusement of Sidharth.

When she stopped doing so, Sidharth placed two of his fingers on her forehead, tried to smoothen the ceases on it. As if sensing the familiar presence of the man she loved, Shehnaaz instantly felt even more comfortable, her left hand still out of the banket.

Looking at her hand, Sidharth couldn't help but smile. Tomorrow, her hand would be having a beautiful ring which would symbolise the next step of their relationship.

He wasn't just planning to propose, he was planning something big along with it. He didn't know whether Shehnaaz would kill him for it or not, but he had to do it. It had been a long time since he had wanted to do it and tomorrow would be the day.

He took her hand in his and played with her fingers, careful to not to be so rough with his moments in the fear of waking her up. He traced his warm fingers on her small pretty hand and bent down, giving each of her fingers a gentle kiss.

He was stunned for a moment when Shehnaaz softly opened her eyes, but much to his surprise, she closed them again as she muttered something under her breath.

Sidharth couldn't figure out what she was staying so he bent down again, bringing his ear closer to her mouth, "Why...won't...you...prop...pose...", she muttered, sadness laced in her tone.

Guilt flashed in Sidharth's eyes but he soon shook the thought away as he remembered what he had planned for tomorrow. Yes, she was going to get her wish fulfilled and he was going to get his wish as well.

With one last look at the woman who owned not only his dreams but his reality as well, Sidharth reluctantly left the room, but not before he gave her a small peck on her lips.