73.

When they returned home, Shehnaaz and Sidharth were surprised to see mumma and papa sitting in the same living area in the same position they left them at.

It seemed like they were waiting for both of them only. Nobody else was around and Sidharth understood that there was something they wanted to talk to with Shehnaaz.

He softly caressed her hand, letting Shehnaaz know that he would be there for her at each and every step of her life before he reluctantly left it and turned to move upstairs.

"Sidharth…tum bhi baitho. She might need you after this!", papa said as he gestured for both of them to sit in front of him and mumma.

Shehnaaz felt that it was odd. She was having this weird feeling that something was about to change. She got hold of Sidharth's hand subconsciously and grabbed it tightly.

He could feel the cold sweat forming in her palm and gently tugged her closer to himself, providing her with some warmth. "It's alright!", he said softly and Shehnaaz felt calmness evading her.

As they both sat in front of mumma and papa, they could feel the sombre mood they both were in. "You are not our daughter!", papa said as he chocked on his words.

Shehnaaz looked at them as she tried to hold herself from laughing. Were they joking with her? Is this a new prank they were playing on her to make her forget what happened recently?

But no matter how she thought about it, mumma and papa looked serious. Infact, they were never this serious even during that time when Baaz injured Naman.

They were telling the truth. Actually, why would they even lie about this. "We don't know the right way of telling you this. But you deserve to know, you deserve to know that we are like any other parents who don't want to be seperated from their daughter willingly. Tujhe lagta hai ki Humein tujhe khud se dur bhejke khushi mili?", mumma asked as she sobbed softly.

Papa couldn't see his wife crying so painfully, so he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and embraced her gently. Meanwhile Shehnaaz had nothing to say.

She was so silent that if not for her figure sitting opposite to them, nobody would know that she was around. Her mind was blank as she tried to understand what was being told to her.

But no matter how hard she tried to process this new information, she couldn't grasp it. What was happening? Why is she not their child? If not them, then who are her parents?

"Who are my parents?", it seemed like Shehnaaz wasn't surprised or shocked at all, but only Sidharth could see the depth in her eyes, only he knew the inner turmoil she was facing. But at a time like this, even he was at a loss, he didn't know what to do so he simply sat there as he held her hand in his huge palm.

"Your mother...your birth mother was Ahziya Malhotra!", mumma said. Hearing this, both Shehnaaz and Sidharth were stunned. Who didn't know Ahziya?

She was the youngest singer in India to not only grab an award at a national level but also to debut Internationally at the age of just 21. She was a miracle, but at the end she chose to kill herself when she was just 26.

Shehnaaz blinked once, and then again until her eyes became blurry. "Your birth father was my best friend and the elder brother of your mother...(reffering to Pammy aunty)", papa said.

"Tere maama, mere chote bhai hain aur tere papa mere bade bhai the. You should know him as well, Aryan Gill.", mumma said as she smiled gently thinking about her elder brother.

Ofcourse Shehnaaz and Sidharth knew him well. He was an amazing actor who made sure to act in movies only once a year but the script he chose would always be top notch.