67.

Everybody was elated to have Shehnaaz back in Punjab, especially her father. He had been really strict when she had come 9 years ago and now he wanted to repent for what he had done.

As soon as Sidharth's car pulled up in front of the big Gill mansion, the news of their arrival was soon given to everybody in the house.

It was around 6:30 in the morning and the house was in a hustle bustle, because obviously the eldest daughter of the house was retuning after so many years.

Shehnaaz gave a watery smile as she looked at the home in which she had been born, she had missed this place.

Sidharth also looked at her, he felt overwhelmed on her behalf as well. She was about to enter her home when her father stopped her.

"Wahin rukk jaa!", he said, making Shehnaaz immediately take back her steps. The flashbacks of what happened 9 years ago started coming back.

What if her father didn't want her to come back? But he had already forgiven her and had also apologised for the way he behaved with her, then what was it now?

"Pichli baar jab tu aayi thi toh tujhe kisi se mile bina Waapas bhej diya tha. Andarr bhi ni aane diya tha uss din. Abb itne saal baad aa rahi hai, aise hi thodi aayegi!", papa said.

Shehnaaz smiled in confusion at him, so he wasn't angry at her, but what were they waiting for. Then, mumma came from inside with a big thaali and she knew what he meant.

She had tears welled up in her eyes as she looked at her mother. Daadi and Daadu came from behind. "Daadi! Daadu!", Shehnaaz squealed happily, making them smile widely at her.

"Mera bachcha!", Daadi said as she closed the distance between herself and her grand daughter. Shehnaaz grinned looking at her chacha and chachi, they were the sweetest people she knew.

They actually had taken care of her a lot, when her parents were not around. Even when she was at her maternal grandmother's place, they would call her frequently to make sure that she was doing okay.

Each and every member of Shehnaaz's family was moved to tears. Shehnaaz smiled brightly seeing Maa and neetu di standing there and they smiled back at her.

The kids were probably inside, still sleeping because it was too early for them to get up. Her cousins would be inside too, she thought.

Aayush and kriti, her chacha's children were so very close to her, but they were still in school. Mumma lovingly revolved the thaali in front of her face and then did her Tilak, before letting her come inside.

Daadi was the first one to come to her, next in line was Daadu, chacha and chachi were the last ones to envelop her in a hug. The house members couldn't contain their excitement.

The house seemed lively again just due to Shehnaaz. "Abhi toh tu ghar mein ghusi bhi nhi aur pehle se hi itni raunak ho gyi hai", chachi said as she patted her head lovingly.

"Tu thi nhi na, toh ghar itna khaali khaali lag ra tha. Abb ghar, ghar jaisa lag ra hai!", chacha said as he kissed her forehead. Sidharth bowed down to touch the feet of the elders.

Everybody had only blessings to give to both of them. Shehnaaz met Maa and neetu di and then made her way inside. The morning was the best part and the most chaotic one too.

Everybody was all around Shehnaaz, tending and catering to her even when she hadn't ask for it. Wherever she went, one or the other family member would be there making sure that she was okay.

This was bound to happen because she had returned after years and that too when the relationship between her and her parents had been mended.

Sidharth, meanwhile was getting a bit irritated because it's been 3 hours and despite being under the same roof, he hadn't been able to meet Shehnaaz.