[41:] Guess what?

Maddie's P.O.V.

"Woah."

I stared at my computer screen, unable to believe what I'm seeing.

I blink several times to make sure it's real.

And it is.

It was a picture of Jen. Naked. The only thing that was covering her bare body was a snake.

"Jen!" I shouted from my room. I tried to call her mom, but it hasn't stuck yet. Besides, Jen is too young (at least in my opinion), to be a mother.

She came at lightning speed, panting a little bit, and asked, "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Is this picture photoshopped?"

"What?"

"This picture of you, naked with a snake. Is it real?"

Her facial expression said it all: Really? You called me up here for THIS?

"Of course it is."

"But---" I stammered. "But, when did you---?" I was too shocked to speak.

"You were in school that day," she said nonchalantly. "Besides, I don't think you would've wanted to see me naked."

"Josh would have," I joked.

She smirked, then said, "He already has."

I pretended to gag as she walked away.

Even though I fake being disgusted about their love, secretly, I think it's adorable.

●════════●♥●════════●

At school, I continue to struggle in math.

Sometimes I think my algebra teacher is a pirate. Why else would he be asking for us students to find x?

Everytime I'm in my algebra class, I wonder why on Earth schools teach this? I think we should learn the basics, that's it. When am I going to ask for the x amount of something? Sometimes I think school is beyond ridiculous.

Seriously, the only "real world" job out there that involves algebra would be an algebra teacher. And there's no way I'll ever do that for a living.

I have a 79% in that class. Why can't my teacher round it to an 80%? After all, that is math.

●════════●♥●════════●

In high school (so far), I've learned that I'm not the smartest person, nor the prettiest.

I can't dance like Julian can. I'm not cool like Crystal. I can't act like my parents can and I'm not athletic like Jason is. My brother wants to join the football team next year, can you believe it?

It makes me wonder. . .what am I good at?

Breathing. I am good at breathing. My lungs are healthy enough, unlike those of a chain-smoker.

●════════●♥●════════●

At lunch today, this girl choked on her food and caused a big scene. I mean, her face nearly turned purple because she couldn't breathe.

Makes me grateful for my talent.

●════════●♥●════════●

After lunch, I saw girly Crystal act more bubbly than usual while getting her hands dirty making a clay vase.

"Someone is in a good mood today," I tell her.

She smiles. "Yeah, I guess I am."

"What is it? You're never this happy on a regular basis."

"Oh, it's nothing," she said brightly.

"You're lying. Spit it out!"

She sighed. "All right, all right, fine. I'll tell you."

I waited patiently. "Well?"

"Oh!" Crystal was paying more attention to an inanimate object than to me. "You wanted me to tell you now?" She sat up straighter in her chair. "Okay, so I have a boyfriend now."

"But what about---?"

"I know, I know," she said. "I miss him too much . . . But who knows when he'll get out?"

I sat back and stared.

"Well, I'm happy for you," I honestly say. "Really, I am."

Why does it seem like everyone has someone to love except for me?

●════════●♥●════════●

Quick question: Is Maddie relatable?