[22:] Answer

Happy New Year! My resolution for Wattpad is to update more often. What's yours?

Josh's P.O.V.

She cried.

Let me tell you, I was not expecting that. At all.

So there I was, waiting patiently for an answer.

She wasn't full-out bawling, just shedded a few tears before she gave me an answer.

I grinned widely, trying to hide the pain at the fact that my knee ached. The floor of the Eiffel Tower isn't as soft as you'd think.

She nodded first, then managed to say, “Yes!”

If she wanted to speak further, I didn't allow it. I swept her off her feet and shut her up with kisses.

I can now officially say that I'm the happiest man alive.

Forget Brad and Angelina. Forget the King and Queen. They aren't nearly as happy as I am at this very moment. The two of us are like two puzzle pieces that connect.

The fans can have want they want.

“Joshifer” or whatever it's called, will finally come true.

***

Maddie's P.O.V.

No adults were allowed.

Well, unless you count Zoë, she's twenty-five, but in December, she'll turn twenty-six. But she's cool.

It's crazy to think Zoë Kravitz is older than my own mother.

Mind blown.

Lenny isn't here, so it's just Zoë, Jason and me. But Jason's sleeping.

“Zoë, are you thinking what I'm thinking?” I whispered in a tone that would be too loud to be a whisper.

We were currently watching The Breakfast Club, a movie from the 80s, long before my time.

“If it means changing this, I'm all for it,” she replied.

“I thought you like old movies.”

“I'm not that old,” she said.

“You're older than my mother. And yet you don't look it!”

She smiled. “Thanks. I guess.”

“You know how there's whipped cream in the fridge and we had no use for it?” I ask.

“Okay, and?”

I pointed to Jason and said, “I'm gonna prank him.”

I didn't wait for her to respond. Instead, I found the can of whipped cream and headed towards a sleeping Jason. Fortunately, he was in the perfect position. On his back with an arm stretched out. Reminds me of the time I found out about Crystal harming herself. Never mind that. Let's be positive today.

I squirted some onto his palm and tickled his face like you're supposed to do. But instead of him touching his face, he spread the whipped cream onto mine!

I gasped and Zoë couldn't hold in her laughter.

Jason grinned. “Gotcha! Bet you thought I was sleeping. I woke up just when you were talking about your little scheme.”

Some of it was in my hair.

“You little---” I started.

“Hey! Be nice, Maddie. Only I can say bad words. I'm an adult,” she smirked afterwards.

I rolled my eyes. I turned to Jason and he was acting just like Zoë---poorly holding in laughter.

“Go ahead. Laugh.” I walked to the bathroom and began to rinse this cream off my face and hair.

And so they did.

***

Jen and Josh arrived late at night. Almost midnight, actually.

Me and Jason returned to our hotel room/suite and he is now actually sleeping while I was waiting for Jen.

I was worried, you know?

The only source of light came from the TV, until one of them turned on a switch and I was for sure I startled both of them.

“Wow, you two are pretty late,” I said, glancing at my invisible watch.

“It's not like I've been sitting here for hours worrying about you two.”

“Maddie, I'm sorry---” Jen began.

“Save it,” I quickly replied. “You two are adults, I get it, it's just that one of you could've called or something.

They stared at me blankly.

“So how was your date?” I asked.

Jen showed the biggest smile I had ever seen on her and blushed.

She set her purse on the table and murmured something to Josh.

He nodded and smiled as well.

“Well, uh, I don't know how I should tell you this, but. . .we're engaged!” She revealed the rock she called a ring and smiled.

I screamed happily. Jason woke up, his hair a mess.

“What happened?” he asked sleepily. His eyes were red from fatigue.

“This is great! Josh, why didn't you tell me sooner?” I asked.

“She knew about this?” Jen said.

“She and your parents gave me permission,” he grinned.

I hugged the two of them while Jason tried to go back to sleep.

“Jason, they're engaged! Can you believe it?!” Like the two fiancés, I couldn't contain my happiness.

“Wha---?”

I repeated the news again, he mumbled a “Good for you,” and shoved the pillow over his ears.

Maybe this was one of the happiest moments of my life.

^~^
What should happen next?