[54:] Meeting New People

Jen's P.O.V.

Bradley and I have been old friends when it comes to filming.

Joy will be the fourth movie we have worked together on, following Silver Lining's Playbook, American Hustle and Serena.

Sometimes I joke that Bradley is my “work husband,” but I made sure to emphasize “no sex!”

He has said some nice about me, too, such as: “She's so talented. . .”

Also, Robert de Niro---who was in Silver Lining's Playbook---is in this movie with us.

Even David O. Russell---who I love as a director, he also directed Silver Lining's Playbook---is the director of Joy.

Joy, for those who don't know, is a movie about a single woman named Joy Mangano who is a single mother of three and lives in Long Island, New York, and eventually she becomes one of the most successful entrepreneurs. It's incredible, what happened to her. Now there is a movie being made of her life.

At the moment, I am headed to the mobile dressing room, where I am to get my wig fitted and my outfit put on.

After minutes of small talk and more preparations, I am finally ready for the next scene.

As everyone gets ready to film the next scene, I ask Bradley, “How are you?”

“Good,” he replies. “You doing anything tonight? Me and---”

“No, it's okay,” I insist. “I'm going to relax after this. I have plans for tomorrow, though.”

“Like what?”

“Just . . . plans,” I answered. “I need some me-time for once.”

“Oh, okay,” he says casually.

David said something but I could not hear him, so I turn away from Bradley.

Nobody really needs to know what I'm doing tomorrow night.

Let's just say that I have some-thing fun in mind.

●════════●♥●════════●

I've only played the role of a mother twice: in American Hustle, and now Joy. But months from now, I'll become an actual mother, and I won't get time for myself. I'll be busy all the time, and not to mention feeling extremely fatigued and exhausted.

Laura flew out here last night, for I had planned for us two to attend a Coldplay concert.

I wasn't sure if she was a fan of their music, but she agreed to come with me.

Getting the tickets wasn't too hard, and I've been wanting to see them for a while now, but hadn't had the time. That's why I'm spending my day off wisely.

“Laura, wake up!” I gently shake her sleeping self. “Laura!”

First she mumbled something incoherently, then woke up groggily.

It was eleven in the morning, and it was time for breakfast.

“What time is it?” she asked sleepily. I sat next to her on the sofa.

“Time for you to get up!”

She narrowed her eyes at me. “Seriously, Jen, what time is it?”

After checking my phone, I tell her, “eleven-oh-two.”

She yawned, then sat up.

“You ready for the concert?”