[74:] New Man

Jen

Josh props his head on his elbow. He's laying on this side, next to me.

"Are you sure about this?" he asks yet again.

"Yes," I repeated. "I think it would best to at least thank the guy in person."

"Okay," Josh said. "Whatever you want." He kissed me.

" He kissed me

It was late. Dinner was made, and everyone went to bed. Josh looked exhausted. Shortly after, he fell asleep.

 Shortly after, he fell asleep

* * *

Maddie looked happier the next day.

She couldn't stop smiling. I have no idea what happened to her.

I made her and Jason lunch before they went to school, and Maddie even kissed my cheek. She never does that.

Josh noticed it, too. But he was feeding Ryan.

Once Maddie and Jason left, it was just the three of us. Ryan didn't cry often. He smiled a lot.

"She's in a good mood," Josh commented.

"I wonder why." I really did.

"She probably likes a guy, or something like that." Josh filled up a sippy cup with juice and handed it to Ryan. Ryan seemed delighted.

"You think so?" I went to start doing dishes.

"Could be," Josh said. "I know guys. I am a guy. I know how we are."

"She's seventeen, she could date. Right?" I'm not the greatest at parenting. "My parents let me date at her age. Besides, she'll be eighteen in a few months."

"We've never even talked about this." Josh tried not to laugh. He isn't the best at parenting, either. "Well, I guess it's okay. No sex."

"Definitely no sex," I agreed. "Same goes to Jason."

"Fine with me."

* * *

Maddie