[47:] The Dress

Maddie's P.O.V.

Me and Jen were strolling past a store in the mall and I saw a particular dress that came back into my memory.

It happened a few weeks ago, and I remember it like it was yester-day.

You won't believe this. . .

---A dress has literally broke the internet! How is this possible?

Every time I would change the channel, I saw some very serious news anchors reporting some-thing as silly as a dress.

Is it blue and black or white and gold? I'm so confused!

. . .Like the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop, the world may never know.

Even celebrities got involved with this “dress debate.”

Mindy Kaling@mindykaling

“I think I'm getting so mad about the because it's an assault on what I believe is the objective truth.”

Taylor Swift@taylorswift13

“I don't understand this odd dress debate and I feel like it's a trick somehow. I'm confused and scared. PS it's OBVIOUSLY blue and black.”

Julianne Moore@_juliannemoore

@mindykaling @bjnovak what's the matter with u guys, it's white and gold.”

Kim Kardashian West@Kim-Kardashian

“What color is that dress? I see white & gold. Kanye sees black & blue, who is color blind?”

Anna Kendrick@AnnaKendrick47

“If that's not White and Gold the universe is falling apart. Seriously what is happening????”

The most passionate celebrity about this subject would be Mindy Kaling:

Mindy Kaling@mindykaling

“IT'S A BLUE AND BLACK DRESS! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME.”

@bjnovak “white and gold ARE YOU INSANE”

“I'm not ready for people to make jokes about the dress yet.”

@bjnovak @_juliannemoore w/ all due respect I feel like you want attention (congratulations on your Oscar tho, I agree with that)”

@Busyphilipps25 I wouldn't normally want a nice family of four ripped apart for something like this, but honestly? I think it's for the best.”

“This dress thing is worse than the Sony hack to me.”

And then there's Justin Bieber:

Justin Bieber@justinbieber

“And for everyone asking I see blue and black.”

And Demi Lovato:

Demi Lovato @ddlovato

“Hold on . . . So people actually see white and gold . . . ??!!”

I first heard about this at school when I walked into class first thing in the morning. Two girls were arguing, a redhead and a brunette.

“The dress is not blue and black!” said the redhead. “Look at it! It's obviously white and gold!”

“Uh . . . yeah, right. It's blue and black and that's final,” said the insulted brunette. She crossed her arms. “Get some glasses or some-thing. Because you obviously can't see the actual colors.”

The redhead---I forgot her name---asked me, “Hey, what color do you think this is? She doesn't know her colors.”

The brunette stuck out her tongue. “Well, she can't make up her mind.”

I examined the photo from an Instagram post. “It looks blue and black. How can anybody see gold and white?”

“Ha!” said the brunette, very triumphant. “I told you so!”

The redhead muttered, “Whatever. That's just one opin-ion.”

And throughout the day, I witnessed so many arguments and I---like many of my teachers---had gotten so annoyed with this.

One of my teachers got really angry. “If any of you mention that dress one more time . . . [insert many explicit words here, so many that if a teacher repeated it, they would get fired]. Now, class, let's discuss . . . [mention a boring topic here that will make a person fall asleep].”

I was shocked. I never heard a teacher say so many bad words in once sentence. She evem turned red.

It also didn't help that me and Crystal got into a disagreement.

“It's white and gold, Maddie. How can you be so blind?”

Me? Have you read the facts? That damn dress doesn't even come in white and gold!”

“Then why do I see it . . .?”

“Because you can't see the colors correctly and need to see some kind of doctor.”

She scoffed. “Admit it. I'm right and you're wrong.”

When I didn't, we both “hmphed,” and refused to talk to each other for the rest of the day.

Some arguments are pointless, like this one. Why are people going so crazy about the dress? It's not even cute anyway.

●════════●♥●════════●

What color is the dress?