[52:] Runaway Love

Maddie's P.O.V.

“No!” Several girls shrieked and cried and hardly any work was done.

I was beginning to get tired of hearing about it.

And to think, two weeks passed and fans are still crying about it. With all the tears they've shed, you would've thought someone died or something.

But no, they were “mourning” over what happened to One Direction.

One of the members left the band for good and now the fans are left to cry and look back on old photos of them that included Zayn.

I've seen countless videos of people weeping over the sudden loss. Not by choice, though. It's been all over the news.

I never bought any of their merchandise, but for the ones who did, I bet they suddenly want a refund. I know I sure would.

I tried to forget about it, but during precious class time, students discussed it, some even saying they were glad it wasn't Harry.

Hopefully this won't become as annoying as that dress . . . Except that this is more serious, and it'll take more time to pass.

●════════●♥●════════●

I tried to think of other things, but this time they were much more negative.

The image of Logan on that WANTED sign was branded in my brain. I couldn't forget it, no matter how hard I tried.

He looked so innocent in the photo. It was as if it were a misprint; a mistake.

But it wasn't.

What I couldn't understand was that he of all criminals were mentioned on the local news.

Apparently, “it is feared that he may strike again, we citizens may be in potential danger.

But there are far more worse criminals in this world, such as Charles Manson or even Adam Lanza. And yet their attention is focused on Logan.

I was just glad to be able to see him later today.

He was panting and breathless, due to running.

“What are you doing here?” I asked. Lunch is about to be over soon. “We could've talked later. . .”

He breathed and said, “Can't. There's no time. We have to go.” He began to pull my arm but I quickly yanked it away.

“What? Go where? You can't just do this, Logan.”

“I saw. . . I saw that WANTED sign of me . . . And. . . and we have to leave, soon.”

“I don't understand.”

“We could go anywhere, but it has to be away from here. From this county, from this state.”

“What?” I couldn't believe this was really happening. “Logan, I like you a lot but. . . No, I can't do this. Leaving the state? Are you crazy?”

“What do you want me to do? They are already looking for me, and I had to think something. Fast.”

I swallowed hard. “This is too much, Logan. You shouldn't have done what you did to whoever it was you killed. You took someone's life, Logan! And for what?”

Obviously he looked hurt.

“I tried so hard to try to ignore what you did. I tried to see past you, past all of the mistakes. But I can't do this anymore.”