[6:] Girl's Night In

Maddie's P.O.V.

Two weeks left of summer vacation.

For the first time ever, I finally was able to meet one of Jen's actual friends. Not the cast and crew, but another human being that lived a normal life. Well, somewhat.

Her name is Laura. She has curly brown hair and dark eyes. When she entered the house, all of a sudden I became shy.

“Hey,” Laura spoke first. “So, you're Madison. Jen cannot stop talking about you!”

Since when did Jen spend time with her friends? Either she was working or hanging out with us.

“How?” I wonder aloud, causing Jen to glare at me. “I mean, it's nice to meet you.”

Her teal camisole was pretty and I told her that.

“This old thing? Thanks!” she smiled brightly. “If you want, we can get you some.”

I appreciated the offer.

“How about we have a girls day? Give Jen a break. Or, we can all go together? How does that sound?”

I grin in response.

Jen had heated up a bowl of popcorn and set it on the coffee table in front of us.

“What are you two talking about?” Jen asked as she sat down.

“Well,” Laura started. “We were thinking, either me and Maddie spend the day together and give you a break, or, you come join us!”

Jen looked unsure of herself. As if she actually planned on spending the day in the comfort of her bed, catching up on her favorite T.V. shows.

“Um. . .” Jen began. “We could have a girl's night out and be in the comfort of my home.” Jen compromised.

Laura sighed. “I'll never understand your love of staying home.”

She got up and opened the blinds, the sunlight caused Jen to squint her eyes.

“Too bright!” Jen used her hand to shade the light.

Laura smiled in satisfaction. “Fine then, it'll be a girl's night in, and I'll get the supplies we need. Get into your jammies.”

“It's three in the afternoon!” I state.

“Like I said, Jen loves the indoors, I'll never understand it.” Laura got up and left. I heard a “Hmph,” escape Jen's lips.

I had went up to my room without another word.

***

Laura returned an hour and a half later.

“The only thing Jen loves more than staying indoors is acting like a kid again. . .and I've got just the right things for us to do.”

We were all in our pajamas by then and I was excited to see what Laura had in mind.

“Okay, so, first things first,” Laura began unloading the bags she brought. “One word: spa.”

I'd never had a sleepover with two adults. And you remember how my first one turned out. I'm very grateful that two grown women would rather hang out with a fourteen year old on a Saturday than to go to some nightclub downtown.

“I found some recipes we could use to make homemade facials.” Laura said.

I scanned the list of ingredients and noticed honey was on the list. “Honey? Isn't that a little, you know, sticky?