[13:] Annoying

Maddie's P.O.V.

Pass the milk,” Jason asks.

I slide it over to him and continue to chow down on my cereal.

He's been staying with us for a month now and I don't think he's fully comfortable yet.

There isn't enough rooms in this house for Jason to get one of his own. So he's been sleeping on the sofa for now.

I've offered to share my room with him, but, as you know, it's very pink and not masculine at all.

He says “Jennifer,” not “Jen.” His little area is always neat and for some reason he doesn't talk much.

The two of us didn't want to be separate again, therefore he's living here rather than being put up for adoption.

“How come you hardly talk?” I ask.

No response.

“You have to talk sometime, you know.”

“What if I don't want to talk?” he spits out defensively. Then he sighs.

“Sorry, it's just that I grew up with Macy and she was arrested, just like that. . .and. . .I don't know, I guess I just miss her.”

Miss that crazy woman?”

“She's our aunt. Basically the only family we had left. Sure, Jennifer is nice and all, but, it's just not the same,Maddie.”

I didn't want to press the issue further, so I exhale deeply and finish my cereal.

***

“How about we do something today?” I ask Jason a little later that day.

“I have to study for my math test.”

“Boring!” I say in a sing-songy voice.

“You only live once, Jason. Come on! Get up!”

“No, Maddie.”

“Ugh. You can't sit on that sofa all day, you know.”

“Watch me,” he says. “Oh, and you only die once. I don't get why that is so popular, anyways.”

“Whatever.” I roll my eyes. “I guess I'll watch TV by myself then.”

“You do that.”

Sure, I have a TV in my room, but I wasn't about to go upstairs to watch it.

I grab the remote, plop myself onto the sofa, and turn on the TV, making sure the volume was extra loud.

Jason sat next to me with an open textbook.

I watched mainly gossip shows for the next hour or so, squealing and reacting when necessary.

“You're so annoying,” he shook his head and smiled.

At least I got him to talk.

^~^
Super short, I know.

Only updated because I've officially been on Wattpad for a year and wanted to celebrate! :)