[20:] France

Maddie's P.O.V.

Guess what day of the week it is?

Monday.

Can you believe it? I was right about Monday Madness! We weren't even in Paris, France. Instead we were in Paris, Texas. Who knew there was even such a thing as Paris, Texas? I sure didn't.

The cast including Josh were probably in Paris, France by now, eating French fries, or French toast or croissants, which is a French bread, or whatever else French people eat.

So it's just me, Jen, and Jason. Of course Jason was confused as ever. He was probably expecting the same things as me.

The next flight to Paris, France wasn't for another few hours. So we were stuck here in Texas for that amount of time.

What would Texans do?

***

I'll say, Texas has some awesome food. Jen agrees, too. She practically devoured those ribs. I was afraid she'd eat the bones, too.

But she didn't.

After sight-seeing all day, we boarded the plane at night.

Hopefully this time, we'd make it to Paris, France.

***

We did.

And it's beautiful.

Paris, France, the city of love.

The first thing I noticed was the magnificent Eiffel Tower.

We were all too tired to tour the place even though it was daylight. Stupid jet lag.

So instead, Jen called whoever she needed to, to say that we made it and filming will resume tomorrow.

I just wanted to sleep.

***

*Song credit to Suzanne Collins*

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where they strung up a man
They say murdered three.
Strange things have happened here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree.

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where the dead man called out
For his love to flee.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree.

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where I told you to run,
So we'd both be free.
Strange things have happened here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree.

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Wear a necklace of rope,
Side by side with me.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree.

I sat beside Jason while Jen sang “The Hanging Tree.”

Just like the mockingjay birds did for Katniss, we all were silent while she sang. Well, we had to be, but don't ruin my metaphor for me.

Surprisingly, I was allowed to sing with the crowd and I developed a love for singing. I would say, “look for my voice when listening to The Hanging Tree!” but that would be basically impossible.

When Jen first arrived, she kept saying, “I want my mommy!” I thought adults stopped calling their mothers that.

She had to be dragged into the recording booth so she can sing.

And her voice isn't as bad as she thinks, it's beautiful, and I told her that.

“But there are so many better singers out there! Like Beyoncé or. . .or---”

“Don't bring yourself down, Jen! Who knows? Maybe The Hanging Tree will be a success and on the radio and millions will listen to it!”

I shouldn't have said that last part, she became more pale than when she first arrived.

We all clapped and cheered for her, and Josh gave her a big hug. I think that made her feel better.

After a long day of filming, I felt the same way I did when we first arrived: all I wanted to do was sleep.

^~^
Are you mad that this story isn't all that accurate?