[79:] Exposed

Maddie

I meet Crystal at one of our favorite diners. And much to my surprise, another person is with her.

Julian.

I only kept up with Crystal after she left for school. I had no idea they still talked.

“Maddie!” he screamed, and engulfed me in a hug.

I was absolutely speechless. I haven't seen him in over a year. He had gotten a lot taller.

“It's been so long,” I mumbled into his chest.

“Wow,” I said, once I caught my breath. “I never thought I'd see you again.”

The three of us slid into a booth. Crystal and Julian sat next to each other, and I sat across from them. Someone who was here previously left their newspaper on the table. I put it next to me.

I noticed that she had dyed her hair yet again. It was cut short and colored green.

 It was cut short and colored green

They held hands.

“We're together now,” Julian said before I could ask. “Thought you should know.”

“Oh... cool,” I told him. “That's really neat.”

Crystal didn't let things get awkward. She smiled, and changed the subject.

“Did you figure out what you're getting?”

“Not yet.” My mind buzzed with questions. When did they get together? How...?

I was craving breakfast for dinner, so I ordered that.

I loved this diner. I've never eaten here before, but every time I pass by it, I want to go in.

This diner had a modern look to it

This diner had a modern look to it. Purple chairs and lots of neon lights, and I fell in love with it.

I ordered a chocolate milkshake, too. I hadn't had one of those in a while.