[30:] Wedding

Jen's P.O.V.

My heart is racing. My palms are sweating profusely. I am so nervously excited about today.

My wedding day. Well, our day. I can't forget that Josh is a part of this just as much as I am.

I was a bit superstitious about today. Normally, I'd wake up to Josh's face, but today, he wasn't there because according to some theory, it's best not to see my future spouse the day before the wedding. Plus, he hasn't seen my dress. I wouldn't let him.

There's nothing that says I can't call him, though.

“Hello?” is the first thing he says.

“Today's the big day!” I say excitedly. “I can't believe it!”

I really couldn't. Me and Josh have been together through thick and thin, through the good and the bad. Today is the day where two halves become one whole.

“Neither can I,” he replies.

I couldn't stop smiling. My this day will become the best day of my life.

Well, I've had a lot of great days. When Maddie first came into my life, then her brother, and. . . I could go on and on forever about this. I've been blessed with good days, and today is one of them, but I really need to get ready.

●════════●♥●════════● 

Thank goodness, the dress fit. But the zipper had gotten a bit stuck.

“I'm trying to get this stupid zipper up!” Maddie stated. “Come on, just a little more. . .there! Now that was a miracle.”

“Are you calling me fat?” I asked and she giggled.

“No, you are not even close to being fat. Don't say that about yourself.”

Laura was trying to do my hair, and since it's so short, it was an easy task to do.

My mother had gotten the honor of putting on my veil, which was a sheer white, like the strapless dress.

“You look absolutely beautiful,” my mom complimented me. Her eyes were beginning to well up with tears. “I can't believe that my only daughter is getting married!”

“Ma. . .don't cry. If you do, then I'll cry, and then I'll look like a hot mess. And we can't have that happen.”

She quickly wiped her tears. “Right. I'm just happy, that's all.”

Maddie extended her arms and said, “Group hug?”

I couldn't deny it, so we all leaned in and embraced each other.

Once we pulled away, Laura rushed to go get something.

“Your bouquet,” she said, handing it to me.

“Thank you,” I smile for the zillionth time today.

“Well, I'm going to have a seat. I'll see you soon, Jennifer.” My mother kissed my cheek and hurried out the door.

“I think I should add in some more eyeshadow. What do you think, Maddie?” Laura asked.

“Great idea. You should put on white eyeshadow, so it can match her dress.” Maddie suggested.

Laura nodded and grabbed a palette full of many shades of eyeshadow, and I'm told to close my eyes.

As my eyes are closed and Laura applies the makeup, I tell Maddie, “Make sure you grab a bouquet for you and Laura.”