[21:] Proposal

Merry Christmas! This is my present to you. Hope you like it!

Josh's P.O.V.

I woke up with a smile on my face and turn over to see a sleeping Jen.

Jen.

The thought of her makes me feel complete utter joy.

Today's the day I'm going to ask for her hand in marriage.

Good thing I already asked her parents. They seemed pleased.

Her father seemed reluctant at first, but eventually agreed, and her mother shed a few tears, but according to her, they were tears of joy.

Of course the ring was bought. It cost several thousand dollars and I hope she loves it. With the money used to buy the ring, I could have bought a used car.

But the amount of money spent doesn't matter. I'd do anything for Jen, she knows that.

I don't want to wake her, so I lay there, silent, just thinking about things.

I remember when we met. We were both recently cast as our current characters for The Hunger Games. She plays Katniss, and I, of course, was given the role of Peeta and as you know, the two characters eventually fall in love.

She was a bit nervous at first, saying how she watched my earlier movies and how much of a fan she was.

I thought she was beautiful when I first laid eyes on her, but, at the time, she was with Nicholas and I was with Claudia.

My heart was crushed when I found out she was engaged to that man. I knew that she could've done better. Deep down inside I knew that man should've been me. And today it will be me. . .hopefully.

I remember how I felt when we first kissed. I was just as nervous as she was. I brushed my teeth at least ten times that day, making sure my breath was minty fresh.

But when action was called, and we kissed, the sparks were there. The electricity was there. I almost didn't want to stop. But I had a girlfriend at the time, and she had a boyfriend. It would never work.

By Catching Fire, we were together and during the kissing scene, long after the director shouted cut, her lips never left mine. Of course we were teased a bit by our co-stars, but Jen didn't mind, and neither did I.

I look at her today, she hadn't changed much, other than her hair, which is starting to grow out. Our immaturity is still the same, and there is never a dull moment with her.

That's why I'd love to spend the rest of my life with her.

Her eyes fluttered open and she smiled, knowing I was awake.

“Morning,” I tell her. Secretly, I'm looking forward to saying this everyday for the next thirty, forty, fifty years. One simple word gives me so much happiness, is that even normal?

“Morning,” she replies back and yawns. “Have you been up long?”

“No.”

I have tonight all planned out.

First, I made sure a limo would pick her up at seven o'clock tonight. I'd most likely wear a suit, she'd wear whatever she pleases, I know she'll look stunning.

Since we're in Paris, I thought I'd use that to my advantage. Dinner at the top of the Eiffel Tower sounds romantic enough. Do you know how many months in advance I had to make the reservations? Too many.

We'd watch the fireworks show down the street and we'll talk and eat and all of that good stuff before I get down on one knee and propose.

Fortunately, we have the day off from filming, but tomorrow we have to get back to work.