Cowboy

Your POV

I stock the shelves for tomorrow. Another day ready for work. "Mama." Keigo says. "Yes sweetie." I say. "Can I have a bedtime story please?" He asks. "Of course sweetie. Go get ready for bed and get a book." I say. He's such a sweet boy.

It's a shame his father can't see him grow up. He was a good man and would have walked to the ends of the earth for us. I go upstairs and get ready for bed. I go to Keigo's room. He's in his bed excited for his book. He pulls the covers back and scoots over. I get in.

"So I'm sleeping here tonight?" I ask. "Yes please." He says. I get in the bed. "Okay ready?" I ask. He nods happily.

Time skip

I finished reading the book. He looks a bit sad. "What's wrong baby are you okay? Did you not like the story?" I ask. "No it's just I don't have a dad. Every other kid in town has one but me. Did I ever have a dad?" He asks. Oh no it's time that I tell him. "Keigo I need you to know that once I tell you this you still have just as much love and support with out a dad okay." I say. "Okay." He says.

"Your dad had to go fight some bad guys. He was very strong and kind. He fought to protect us. The last time there were too many and he passed away because they hurt him really bad. So that's why he's not with us. You were only a one year old when this happened so it makes sense that you don't remember. He loved you so so much. I'm sorry that you feel left out baby." I say and hold him.

He holds me back. I cry a bit. How could I let this happen. "It's okay mama don't cry. I'm sure he loved you a lot too. I love you a lot. So the same goes for you." He says. "You're such a sweet boy I love you too very much." I say.

Time skip

Nemuri is my first customer. "Good morning (Y/n)." She says. "Morning." I say. "What's wrong not your happy self this morning?" She asks. "Not really Keigo asked about why he didn't have a dad." I say. "Oh how'd that go?" She asks nervously. "He took it well better than I did." I say.

"Well at least you don't have to worry about him finding out from the wrong source." She says. "True." I say. "That being said it's been five years now hasn't it?" She asks. "Mhm." I say. "Do you think you'll ever love again? You did get married at a young age." She says. "I hope that I can find someone to love again. I obviously don't want to spend the rest of my life alone. Keigo will want his independence someday that'll leave me all alone. So I hope that someday I'll find someone to be in a relationship with." I say. "You need some meat in your life?" She asks.

"What are you talking about?" I ask. "A beefcake." She says. "Nemuri I do not and don't say such things!" I say embarrassed. "Come on it's been five years since you've been in a man's arms. A woman like you deserves it. Any sex at all would feel amazing at this point wouldn't it." She says. "Nemuri!" I say as red as a strawberry. "I'm just saying." She says. She gets some jam off a shelf.

"I do hope that you find someone someday." She says and puts it on the counter. "If not you can spend the rest with me and you obviously will have a ball I am the life of the party." She says. "Yeah you're something alright." I say.

Time skip

I pick Keigo up from school and we go get dinner at the cafe. There's always a lot of talk in the cafe and saloon. "(Y/n)!" Nemuri says coming up to the table. "Yes?" I ask. "We have got to talk after this it's important." She says. "Hi aunt Nemuri." Keigo says.

"Hey kid." She says and messes his hair up making him laugh. "Mama my friends are here can I go play with them?" He asks. "Sure just stay safe and to where I can see you." I say. He goes off and Nemuri takes his place. "So you are not going to believe what I just heard and saw." She says. "What is it?" I ask. "There's a new guy in town and he's smoking hot." She whispers in my ear.

"Really that's rare." I say. "I know right most of the guys are just okay or ugly but this guy he's perfect for you." She says. "Wait what why me?" I say blushing. "Because he's your type." She says. I just cover my face. "Nemuri even if he is I don't have time for that I have Keigo to raise." I say. "You could at least take a look at him. He's in town for two weeks." She says.

"Are you following him? How'd you get this information." I ask. "The saloon where you get all the adult conversation intel." She says. "Of course. You know that it takes more caution when you already have a child so." I say. "That's why you will be careful like normal and I'll keep an eye on him for you. See if there's any red flags." She says. "Fine it's not like I'll run into him. It may be a small town but I don't get out much." I say. "Okay." She says.

TBC...