The Knight and princess part 1

Enji's POV

I come back from a mission requested by the king. It's nice not having people get in my way. I like these missions. Short and simple. I go to the castle and the guards let me in. I find the king and tell him about the journey. He nods in approval.

Time skip

I don't understand his wants sometimes. I hear someone cry for help. I run to it. It's coming from deep in the garden. I follow the voice. I get to it. It's her the princess.

"Princess what are you doing out here so late? You could get hurt." He says. "I got lost." She says saddened. "It's okay I'll get you back to the castle." I say. "Thank you." She says looking up at me. The way she looks at me is unforgettable every time. I adore her more than anything. I can't tell her that though.

The king would probably have my head. I'm not the type of man she needs. She needs a prince and I'm certainly not one. She holds my hand. I look down at her. "Princess." I say. "Yes." She says.

"You shouldn't hold my hand." I say. I don't want her to let go. "Why?" She says. "Because people will talk. Rumors will spread. I don't want you to get talked about in a bad way." I say. "Then just a little bit. I'm scared that we not might get out." She says. "Okay then just for a little bit." I say.

Your POV

I'm holding his hand. It's so warm and big. We walk towards the exit hopefully. I know that this is improper but I want this. I want to hold his hand and stay by his side. I hold his arm as we walk. "Princess." He says.

"Right sorry." I say. I am scared though. He picks me up. "Wrap your arms around me when you feel scared." He says then keeps walking. This way will just make rumors spread worse than holding hands but, this feels nice being in his arms. I lay against him and put my hand on his chest. Soon I'll be betrothed to some prince.

I don't want to be though. I want to be with Enji my knight in shining armor. I hold the side of his neck. He stops and looks at me. I kiss him. He hesitates but kisses back. We kiss for a bit. .

He stares at me. "I wanted you to be my first kiss. Instead of some stranger that I probably won't love." I say. "I'm glad that you did. I'd do anything for you. Especially kiss you and be the one who loves you more than anything. Because I love you so much." He says. My chest feels light. I'm relieved to hear him say that. "I love you too." I say. We kiss again.

"We should get you back though. They'll worry." He says. I nod with a smile.

Time skip

Enji's POV

"Thank you for finding her." The king says. "It's no problem." I say bowing. "I have an extremely important job for you. In four days (Y/n) will have suitors come at a ball I need you to watch over her. Make sure that she's safe. But not too close to her. She needs to be married soon. I want to be sure the kingdom is in safe hands." He says.

"Yes sir." I say. "I'll see you tomorrow about the details." He says then leaves. "Yes sir." I say and leave the opposite way. I clench my fists. I didn't think it would happen so soon. I wanted to spend just a little more time with her. Just to be able to kiss her one more time.

Now that chance is gone. It was just a moment where I was happy for once. For having someone I wanted in my life. Someone I wanted to cherish. Even though it's past tense I'd still protect her and give her everything she'd need or want. I just wish she was with me. Not with someone who will love her less than I do.

Time skip to next day

Your POV

My father came into my room to talk. He's been so busy lately. "We need to talk." He says. Oh God does he know? Has he planned to kill him what if he already has?! Just act natural. "About?" I ask.

"In three days there will be a ball. Your suitors will be there. I'd like for you to choose wisely. You'll be spending the rest of your life with them. You'll have to bare their children to continue having a leader for the kingdom." He says. "So your selling me off already." I say looking down. "What?" He says. "That's how this works doesn't it. If there isn't a son you'll have to join with another kingdom to make it larger. To continue the cycle." I say. "It's not like that at all." He says. I look at him. "I just want you to be happy. To have a family and support. So I thought you should have options. So you could at least be able to tolerate them." He says.

"That doesn't make me feel better. I am thankful though for giving me a chance to not be forced to be with some snotty rich man who only cares about himself and kingdom. That won't only use me as a breeding factory." I say. He goes to touch my arm. I just move away. "I need space right now. Time to have my freedom while I still do have it." I say then leave. I run away once I leave the room. I cry non-stop. I hate him.

I hate him so much. I run into the garden maze. I hope I die here. I won't bother to cry for help. I'll never accept this ever. I only want Enji. I want to spend the rest of my days with him.

TBC...