Best friends

Your POV

I sit on the playground drawing flowers. "Honey I brought you here to play on the playground not to draw pictures." Mama says. "I know I just want to draw these so I remember them. They're really pretty." I say. I finish my drawing and put it in my back pack. "I'll go play now." I say. "Have fun." She says. I see a boy swinging. He's very pretty.

Yet he has a angry face

Yet he has a angry face. I go swing next to him. He seems happy even though he looks angry. He looks at me. I jump a bit. He stops swinging. He takes my hand and takes me to the see saw. We play on the see saw.

Time skip

He's taken me all around the playground. We even got ice cream together. He hasn't said a single word yet. "Enji it's time to go." An adult says. He looks sadden.

He hugs me tight and I hug him back. My face feels warm. Mama comes up to the man. They talk. "(Y/n) come over here." She says. Enji doesn't want to let go.

I take his hand and we go to my mom. "Would you like a play date with Enji tomorrow? Enji's Dad says it's okay if you'd like to." Mama asks. "Yes please!" I say excitedly. "Would you like that too Enji?" His dad says. He nods.

"We'll see you tomorrow here then how about 3ish." He says. "Sure thing." Mama says. "Let's go." She says. Enji doesn't want to let go. "Enji the sooner you let go the sooner you get to play with her again." His dad says.

He frowns and lets go of my hand. He takes his dad's hand. "Bye Enji see you tomorrow." I say with a smile.

Time skip

Enji is late. I play by myself until he gets here. Mama sits on a bench talking to her friend. Her son is mean to me. His name is Kendo Rappa.

He's a lot bigger than me. He pushes me off the swing. I tear up as he laughs. I hear running it's Enji.

BAM!

He punches Kendo across the face. Kendo falls back. He cries loudly. Enji holds me. "Enji." I say.
"What happened?!" Mom says as they quickly come see what happened. "H-He *hic* h-hit me!" Kendo says continuing to cry.

"Enji why did you hit him?!" Enji's Dad says shocked. Enji just looks at me and wipes my tears away. He sighs. "Well we'll just have to go home." He says. "No!" I say and hold Enji tight. "(Y/n)." Mama says. "He only did it cause Kendo pushed me off the swing. He's a big bully and Enji was just protecting me. Kendo is always mean to me." I say. "My Kendo would never do such a thing." Kendo's mom says.

"I'm not lying I swear! Mama please." I say. She looks at me. I'm on the brink of tears. Enji holds me tighter. I can feel him crying. "Enji." I say. He says nothing.

"Please don't cry Enji." I say. I grip his shirt. I get angry. "This is all your fault Kendo I hate you!" I say through angry tears. "(Y/n)!" Mama says shocked. "I've had enough of this Kendo we're leaving." His mom says. She takes his hand and walks off angrily.

"I'm not letting go of Enji he's my only friend. I don't want to lose him!" I say. They look at each other then sigh. "Enji was only trying to protect (Y/n) the best he could." Mama says. "I suppose so." His dad says. He kneels down.

"Enji we don't hit. I know you just wanted to protect (Y/n) but hitting isn't the way to do it." He says. "Can I still play with Enji please." I say. He thinks for a minute. Enji looks at him with his teary face. "You can still play together. Maybe tomorrow though. Today has been a bit much." He says. I wipe Enji's tears then hold him. "Thank you." I say.

Time skip

We've had lots of play dates and sleepovers. I'm so happy Enji chose me to be his friend. I couldn't dream of having a friend better than Enji.

Big Time skip

I look through an old photo book. I smile at all of the fun times we had. We were only five when we met and we've been together ever since. I tear up a bit remembering all of the good times. "Hey you okay?" Enji says walking into our living room.

He sits next to me and holds my hand. "Yes I'm okay more than okay. I'm so happy I met you all those years ago. I'm so happy that I was able to marry my best friend." I say. "I am too." He says then kisses my cheek. "I loved you the moment I laid eyes on you and I haven't stopped since." He says and holds my cheek. "Oh you. You always know exactly what to say. I love you too." I say.